Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    I definitely didn't save any money doing it myself. DIY isn't always about pinching pennies. But I learned some things.
    Built my "26L" about 25 years ago, soon as I could get my hands on a 26 magazine. What I mainly learned, besides the value of the concept, was not to make the front strap half moon cut on the shortened grip, and then how to close off that cut with Acraglas and texture it.

Good times.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Now THIS is the Glock I’ve been waiting for. I’ve got a G17 frame cut to 19 length that I made myself, but I’ve been holding out hope for a factory option for YEARS. All the better if that “factory” is S.I. Can’t wait.
    - I am not in danger. I AM the danger.

- Keep your rifle by your side.

DAMN!!! Finally the best carry piece going
    All animals except man know that the ultimate of life is to enjoy it.

Samuel Butler

FACIEM TUAM, DOMINC, REQUIRAM

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    For those still unaware, the Glock 47 currently resides as a gov't contract only pistol. The G47 is a gen 5 pistol of G19 grip length with a 17 length slide, essentially, a factory Guttersnipe. Well, being the the pirates we are, we're not to fond of the gov't getting all the the good shit to themselves, so, enter the SI-47 in Gen 3 and 5 configurations. This will also allow for new custom builds of the SI-47 pistol. Pre-orders will be open in April with expected delivery of all finish options available by early June

I agree that the long slide/short frame is a great idea.

But correct me if I'm wrong ... I understand that the Glock 47 is a Glock 45 frame (which has a full-sized frame and a Glock 19 slide) with a full-sized slide.

Glock-45.jpg
    The Glock 47 incorporates a full-size slide with a G45 frame. Tactical Life confirmed that the G47 has the same barrel length of a Glock 17. However, a G17 slide will not fit on the G47. The new pistol is also compatible with G19X, G17, G34 and G45 magazines.
    Last edited by Redneck Zen; 03-13-2021 at 06:52 PM.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

If S.I. releases a G17 length slide for the G19 length frame, I’m snapping it up in a heartbeat. Brownells has one. But I don’t want a Brownells slide... I want a Suarez slide. So I’m holding out for it.
    - I am not in danger. I AM the danger.

- Keep your rifle by your side.

Default Suarez Glock 347 and 547

Gabe, Please tell me where the factory slide says "DHS CBP" you'll have some snarky "shoot the middle finger" logo???
    Last edited by Jon Payne; 03-15-2021 at 03:53 AM.
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor
    Texas LTC Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

I choose to live a peaceful life. It's not hard to change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Payne View Post
    Gabe, Please tell me where the factory slide says "DHS CBP" on the slide you'll have some snarky "shoot the middle finger" logo???

Maybe we will
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Zen View Post
    I agree that the long slide/short frame is a great idea.

But correct me if I'm wrong ... I understand that the Glock 47 is a Glock 45 frame (which has a full-sized frame and a Glock 19 slide) with a full-sized slide.

Glock-45.jpg
    The Glock 47 incorporates a full-size slide with a G45 frame. Tactical Life confirmed that the G47 has the same barrel length of a Glock 17. However, a G17 slide will not fit on the G47. The new pistol is also compatible with G19X, G17, G34 and G45 magazines.
    ok, here's the correction: a glock 17 slide on a glock 45 frame would be called a glock 17.

a glock 47 is a 17 slide in length on a glock 19 frame

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

WE HAVE 2 FRAMES ON THE WAY AVAILABLE FOR BUILDS, I'VE ALLOCATED THEM TO FULL GEN 5 SI-47 GUNFIGHTER BUILDS GET YOURS RESERVED!!
    https://suarezinternational.com/gunfighter-547-pistol/

KIMG0238~2.jpg

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI