Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Exclamation I cannot get the correct parts for the SI-547.

Ok, I really need some help here. I have ordered and received another OEM 7984 locking block and an OEM 33774 G17/19 Gen5 extractor with the PN stamped on it and OEM G17/19 Gen5 3449 plunger. This new block #4 is still very tight like the last one (#3) but I managed to get the trigger in pin it. But it is not as slick as block #2. The NP3 SI-547 with OEM 7984 block #2 and SI reliability extractor kit from December 2021 is very glass like, action is totally unhindered. Not been to the range yet but I expect this one will function fine. I cannot get identical parts for the melonite SI-547.

I need someone at SI to get in the wayback machine and tell me exactly what was in the extraction reliability kit from December of 2021. That one works perfectly fine but is no longer available. The kit I bought in the last couple months is not fine, I posted pics of the difference a few posts ago. The extractor claw protrudes too far in and gets hung up on the shell case. It will close, but not without significant resistance. It is tearing up my A-Zoom dummy rounds. The verified 33774 extractor does the same thing as the Gen4 1895 extractor and 2022 version of SI reliability extractor pictured previosly. Additionally the OEM 3449 plunger is somehow more difficult to install, it doesn't seem to want to get in there without what feels like excessive effort. I need to know what OEM PNs the December 2021 SI extractor is spec'd after. Is it Gen3 spec? What is the difference?

If you have any other locking block advice I would appreciate that as well. There is no PN on the perfect locking block #2 so I cannot verify what PN the good one is. I bought good block #2 and bad block #3 from the same place, I did a re-order but they are not the same. Block #4 came from another source but is almost as back as block #3. Is there a problem with chinese knockoff Glock parts? Why is this happening and how can I resolve it?

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by ex-racer; 08-11-2022 at 10:43 AM.

This is one of the reason I don’t fuck with my pistols. I either leave them stock or if they are going to be changed send it to somone who knows more then me. I’m not talking shit but you may just want to send it into Josh to get it done right. I don’t want to deal with the headache of trying to figure out different gen glock parts or any other gun for that matter. Just pick it up and when I need it, it works everytime....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    My preferred combo as well, for multiple calibers.
    I thought you liked the 45cal long slide with a 26 grip length
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I thought you liked the 45cal long slide with a 26 grip length
    I wasn't very clear.

I prefer a longer slide, with a more concealable grip, pretty much regardless of the caliber.

For instance...

17 length slide with a 19 length grip. I've got these in 9 and 357.

I've got the same idea in 45...a G41 with the grip cut to 30s length. (That's the gun you're referring to. I carried that for a long time when my 357 was on the bench.)

Something about the balance of the longer slide appeals to me, combined with a reasonably short grip that conceals better.

I also have a comp'd 19 with a 26 grip length for when I need extra concealment. Same idea to a greater extreme. At the time I got this, I only had a 43 for a deeper concealment gun and the 19 was a lot more shootable and accurate. Now that I have a 48, this gun doesn't see as much game time.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

I wasn't very clear.

I prefer a longer slide, with a more concealable grip, pretty much regardless of the caliber.

For instance...

I've got the same idea in 45...a G41 with the grip cut to 30s length. (That's the gun you're referring to. I carried that for a long time when my 357 was on the bench.)

Something about the balance of the longer slide appeals to me, combined with a reasonably short grip that conceals better.

I also have a comp'd 19 with a 26 grip length for when I need extra concealment. Same idea to a greater extreme. At the time I got this, I only had a 43 for a deeper concealment gun and the 19 was a lot more shootable and accurate. Now that I have a 48, this gun doesn't see as much game time.

Same here regarding the long slide / shorter grip. I haven't even received my CZ75 Compact yet but I'm already thinking a full-size 75 slide/barrel on it would be sweet (with 507K of course).
    REAL EYES
    REALIZE
    REAL LIES

Question Almost there

For instance...

I do as well, which is why the SI-547s were so appealing and why I am still trying to get it sorted. While frustrating and wasting some money, it is a learning experience that will serve me forever after this. I like the POF P19 frame so much it is taking over as my favorite over the PPQs, which is saying a lot.

So if anyone can help I have narrowed it down further. SI-547 #1 (NP3) is glass rod smooth and I think all worked out. SI-547 #2 (melonite) has a couple issues remaining. I swapped locking blocks and #1 is still glass rod so I have eliminated the locking blocks as the problem. #2 still has some hesitation going fully back into battery at the very end. Not much, even a quarter rack will do but not glass rod effortless like #1. I discovered that if I move the trigger even slightly, it does fully seat. So far I have not figured out where the last bit of resistance comes from. This isn't just being OCD, both of these pistols will run suppressors and Glocks are already finicky about that so I want to start at 100%. Right now they both have 15# springs, a stock weight 18# might do it, but I want to leave room for error the suppressor might add. Any suggestions where to look is appreciated. SI-547 #2 has the SI TAG.

The last parts issue is the extractor and plunger. The SI reliability kit from December 2021 is perfect, but is no longer available. The kit from around May 2022 isn't right. I have OEM extractors confirmed to be Gen5 33774 and Gen4 1895 that are both wrong. Additionally, I also just noticed the 2022 SI extractor plunger is several mm shorter than the 2021 SI plunger and the OEM plunger. It is a different spec. It is clear that the Dec 2021 SI extractor kit is right and everything else has been wrong. What is the Dec 2021 SI extractor kit sped'd after? Gen3? If I can find that out then this issue could be resolved.

Thanks for any help.

Arrow Yet more info...

Some pics of my extractor collection for the Glocksperts to tell me what's what. The Dec 2021 SI extractor works perfectly in both SI-547 slides but I cannot identify what it is spec'd after.

Left to right:
    1. Dec 2021 SI extractor (link to non-existent product) that works perfectly.
    https://suarezinternational.com/suar...tor-for-glock/
    2. May 2022 SI extractor
    https://suarezinternational.com/suar...bility-system/
    3. OEM 1895 Gen4
    4. OEM 33774 Gen5

2022-08-18 19.51.38.jpg

Front to back, same order as above.

2022-08-18 19.50.13.jpg

RIGHT to LEFT, same order as above.

2022-08-18 19.50.36.jpg

Top to bottom:
    1. Dec 2021 SI extractor (link to non-existent product)
    https://suarezinternational.com/suar...tor-for-glock/
    2. May 2022 SI extractor
    https://suarezinternational.com/suar...bility-system/
    3. OEM 3449

2022-08-18 19.57.28.jpg

If anyone can tell me how to reproduce #1 I would be very grateful.