Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    My advice would be to package all your shit up and send it to Josh.... I’ve said it, he’s said it, now Gabe is saying it. I don’t get it, it cost like 15.00 or less shipping.
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Quote Originally Posted by ex-racer View Post
    Finally got to the range again. NP3 SI-547 #1 seems fine. I need to run another 100 rounds through it suppressed and unsuppressed without any failures before I will even begin to feel comfortable carrying it but at least I am at that stage.

Melonite SI-547 #2 is broken. Swapping ejectors didn't help. It gets stuck with fail to feed no matter what I do. I've been beating on these all year long, I am out of ideas and I am tired. It should not have been this hard. Would someone on SI staff please advise me on where to send it and how. I need to resolve and close this now.
    I will never understand why someone who is supposedly having all sorts of issues with a product will spend the time posting the issue(s) on a forum rather than calling or emailing the production section of the company like any normal person would do with any other product.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Exclamation A steep learning curve

I am the one who has been wasting bandwidth and money for over 9 months. SI should not view customer support that way. If I need to run 100 rounds through a sticky new custom build then a simple say-so will do.

Unlike the rest of you I wasn't indued with this knowledge through some atmospheric osmosis. I have tried to learn all this on my own with no prior experience and without the benefit of a stock Glock for reference and there is no guide for this. I come here for help because I thought surely it can't be this hard and the WT community can help me resolve this easily. I was quite mistaken.

Also, I had already sent PM and am arranging to send them in, but I will try to ram through 100 rounds on the sticky pistol first. My hesitation to ship pistols comes from prior attempt to ship firearms as a non-FFL and finding it very difficult to do so, especially in the current climate. There is a reasonable reason for everything I do.

It is you alone that decided to keep this thread going...even after everyone, including us, suggested you send the pistol to us for examination. Hesitation in that area is ridiculous as weapons are send across the nation daily with no drama or problems. When we get it, we will see what the problem is and publish it...regardless of what it is...and probably shoot it on video since you chose to make it a very public matter.

So send it, or do not...in either case this thread is finished.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

ok, i'm going to put this out there, not to be a complete dick, as i know that there are folks out there who don't know, but don't ever send me a build like this and tell me it doesn't work

that is not a fucking recoil unit, it is a slide travel inhibitor. if you have extraction/ejection issues, regardless of whether your using a glock frame, or some other fucking thing (we'll get to that later) and you have one of these installed, then no shit you have issues. by design this system does not allow for the slide to fully travel rearward. i keep one installed on my P229 in .357 sig so that my gun doesn't eat itself. its a motherfucker to lock the slide back because of it.

since this is a teachable moment, lets go ahead and build on this clusterfuck and talk about non-glock frames. every part and firearm manufacturer out there has there own tolerances that they adhere to for one reason or another, be it to create a better performing product, or to cut manufacturing costs and drop your overhead of manufacturing. when we say, and i mean specifically state, guaranteed to work with glock oem or other si parts - when you try to mate our slide to a POF, P80, RIA, zev, shadow systems, zer0delta, nomad defense, lone wolf, 80% arms, grey ghost, PSA, cssf, alpha foxtrot, etc, and have issues, i do not, will not and cannot be made to care. you were told, we do not try to hide it, and if i have to fix what you started because you failed to comprehend the information put out there for you, just plain didn't read it, or more often then not, are arrogant enough to think you know better, i am going to get a running start and kick your wallet straight in the dick.
    now, lets add into the mix, that most of these companies use proprietary components, not all, but a lot of them use a proprietary locking block. this can and often does create a lot of issues right out of the gate due to the metric fuck-ton of barrel manufacturers out there, again, holding to their own tolerances, for one reason or another. this will run the assembly into a slough of issues from ejection to feeding to battery and trigger reset. luckily with the POF frames in question, nothing mechanical appears to be proprietary, however one very noticeable difference is the rails. unlike most aftermarket glock frame rails, they aren't extended or re-positioned around the locking block,nor are they plated or even polished. they are very course, and sharp meaning that they have the ability to create additional friction against the slide until the point that one material or the other gives way and starts to smooth out, assuming it doesn't create a large enough bur to do some serious damage to either, but this does mean that until something starts to smooth out, that the slide will always have friction against it in the rails.

now as to what i'm going to do to solve these issues. the first thing i'm do is put in a normal recoil unit so that the slide has the ability to travel all the way back. connector tension will be checked as there are ghost connectors installed, and finally an armorers backplate to check engagement, then we test fire
    Attachment 63548
    20220927_131112.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

expanding on this particular and similar setups - until the gen 5s hit the market, glock has been running the 3 pin frames for going on 30 years now, which means that much of the aftermarket parts, are made to work in conjunction with a locking block and trigger pin. as evidenced by this pof frame, with the absence of the locking block pin and the tension and alignment suuplied by the pin against the wire spring, the wire spring from the slide stop is allowed to walk. on this frame you will notice 2 things in these pictures, first, the wire spring trapped between the frame and trigger shoe, protruding through the frame as it sits, in a relaxed position without the locking block pin. second, the wore can be seen crossing over, and when moved aside, digging into and binding against the trigger shoe, since the absence of the locking block pin cannot keep the wire aligned. of course this greatly affect the trigger pull as the mechanism is now working against the wire spring binding between the frame and aluminum shoe. additionally, the slide stop will actually lift and fall with the position of the trigger due to this binding.
    20220927_154314.jpg
    20220927_154712.jpg

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

As soon as Glock's patent expired and everyone started doingbtheir own Glockopies...the notions and attributes that made the Glock so popular ended. It is now following the AK' race to the bottom. Shame.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    that is not a fucking recoil unit, it is a slide travel inhibitor.

since this is a teachable moment, lets go ahead and build on this clusterfuck
    So total shitshow. A lot to digest along with some bitter pills, I guess I have to accept it. I'll do a final portmortem once this transaction is complete and before this thread is closed for good, but for now I have a couple questions while this is still WIP.

I bought the Sprinco for the same reason you did, to extend the life of the pistol. I have had them in a pair of PPQ's for 5+ years run flawlessly, not a single error, so I had no reason to think it would be a problem. Also, these pistols will be run suppressed and Glocks have a reputation for being divas about that and the Sprinco came with 3 different weight springs to tune for such things. My question is will the chosen recoil unit work suppressed or allow for tuning?

Last question for now: the NP3 pistol ran ok for me with just two FTE in ~100 rounds of mostly suppressed and some unsuppressed (the two fails were near the 100 round mark and suppressed shooting made it incredibly dirty), I almost didn't send it in. The melonite pistol, with identical critical parts (including the Sprinco) is a drama queen and total bitch. Why such a difference? Did one have rougher rails than the other?

Quote Originally Posted by ex-racer View Post
    So total shitshow. A lot to digest along with some bitter pills, I guess I have to accept it. I'll do a final portmortem once this transaction is complete and before this thread is closed for good, but for now I have a couple questions while this is still WIP.

I bought the Sprinco for the same reason you did, to extend the life of the pistol. I have had them in a pair of PPQ's for 5+ years run flawlessly, not a single error, so I had no reason to think it would be a problem. Also, these pistols will be run suppressed and Glocks have a reputation for being divas about that and the Sprinco came with 3 different weight springs to tune for such things. My question is will the chosen recoil unit work suppressed or allow for tuning?

Last question for now: the NP3 pistol ran ok for me with just two FTE in ~100 rounds of mostly suppressed and some unsuppressed (the two fails were near the 100 round mark and suppressed shooting made it incredibly dirty), I almost didn't send it in. The melonite pistol, with identical critical parts (including the Sprinco) is a drama queen and total bitch. Why such a difference? Did one have rougher rails than the other?
    its the rails on your POF frames, they're rough cut and sharp, not smooth. due to positioning they also allow for slide bounce, as in squeezing the front of the slide and frame together displays about 1/16" of up/down and left/right play. all that additional play in addition to the sharp rail basically equates to retarding the slide movement

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    its the rails on your POF frames, they're rough cut and sharp, not smooth. due to positioning they also allow for slide bounce, as in squeezing the front of the slide and frame together displays about 1/16" of up/down and left/right play. all that additional play in addition to the sharp rail basically equates to retarding the slide movement

Dammit. I'm going to take this up with POF and I'll keep SI out of it, no mention at all. Is there any redemption or are these frames too incorrect by construction? I need to weigh my options at this point, all of them are going to hurt.

If you put the slides on stock Glock frames, what happens?
    Last edited by ex-racer; 10-10-2022 at 10:15 AM.