Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Faramir2 View Post
    Got it. Just out of curiosity, what things specifically tip you off that it's not one you guys built? (The guy I bought it from indicated he got the pistol probably a year and a half to two years ago (might have been a bit longer, memory is a little fuzzy), carried it for a year, and has had it sitting in his safe since, having gone back to his old 1911 love, in the form of an STI Staccato. Timing might make a difference in slide design, etc., I know, as the current SI slides do look a bit different.)
    a few things, because i do 99% of the frame work and we've never used the waffle pattern tip and my undercuts dont look like that or go that far forward, its not my pattern in regards to the areas stippled and i've never stippled right to the edge of the mag release

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    a few things, because i do 99% of the frame work and we've never used the waffle pattern tip and my undercuts dont look like that or go that far forward, its not my pattern in regards to the areas stippled and i've never stippled right to the edge of the mag release
    Gotcha, makes sense. Thanks.

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

If you are serious about carrying/running this gun for the defense of your life and lives of your loved ones, I would strongly consider the offer ShopMonkey made to have you send SI the gun and let him go through it.

I know it’s hard to let go of a “new” thing you just got after really wanting one.

But when you think about, you didn’t have one for years and have been okay.

Sending the gun to SI and waiting a few more weeks will likely ensure that you can confidently keep it forever, and that it will always do exactly what you need it to do.
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

Complete Pistol Gunfighter
    Force on Force
    Killing within the Law
    Pistol Groundfighting

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Innocenti View Post
    If you are serious about carrying/running this gun for the defense of your life and lives of your loved ones, I would strongly consider the offer ShopMonkey made to have you send SI the gun and let him go through it.

I know it’s hard to let go of a “new” thing you just got after really wanting one.

But when you think about, you didn’t have one for years and have been okay.

Sending the gun to SI and waiting a few more weeks will likely ensure that you can confidently keep it forever, and that it will always do exactly what you need it to do.
    Come on man, its an inspection, not my framework queue, id have it in and out inside of a week

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Well, I didn’t make any assumptions o out your work load and the timing.

If you can turn it around that quickly, seems like an even more generous offer and a no-brainer.
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

Complete Pistol Gunfighter
    Force on Force
    Killing within the Law
    Pistol Groundfighting