Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New modular AKV-521 for Russian civilian to compete with AR sales in Russia

What is most amazing is that now russians can legally own top of the line semiauto rifles.

Apparently Russian civilians can get a license for 5 rifles. One can own an AKV-521 lower with multiple uppers to count as just one gun on the license with some other rigamarole for the uppers. The plan is to offer it for less money than what an AR will cost a Russian civilian if I got it right. It being modular will out complete the Saigas. We will likely never see these anytime soon in the USA, but the AR serves quite well here.

PS What is also interesting is here is firing the rifle as would someone that is used to wearing body armor.
    Also the safety is marked with F and S that is English Roman alphabet and not in Cyrillic letters and they did bother to subtitle this in English. But I can not see this getting sold here.

AKV521.jpg

Interesting. Thanks for the share.

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Also the safety is marked with F and S that is English Roman alphabet and not in Cyrillic letters and they did bother to subtitle this in English. But I can not see this getting sold here.
    I noted the same and from the very beginning. I felt that the video was crafted for the American audience and wondered where they were going on that.

As far as never being sold here, most would probably agree that this administration is for sale. They may have plans for a new Kalashnikov Concern Board member named Hunter.

That's pretty cool. And a good solution to deal with their laws.
    ===========================
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

this looks very similar to a project that AREX Defense has been working on , the AKB-15
    akb151-650x215.jpg

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

I have ended up subscribing to the Kalashnikov-Group on youtube. They are really looking at guns from other countries for ideas. The AK itself is full of ideas from elsewhere and really that perhaps is how the better guns are made is by doing this wisely. This has little bearing on what I need and want being in America, but as a student of small arms I like to see everything important. I watch forgotten weapons for example.

I do like the fact that some of the former combloc nations are now allowing their citizens the legal possession of military like weapons.
    Right I am watching them at the IXEC 2021 trade show.

IDEX trade shot.
    The first thing that many of our subscribers associate the IDEX 2021 defence exhibition in Abu Dhabi with is gold-plated assault rifles. But well, it definitely was not limited by them. Check out this video for more details. Do not forget to give us a like if you've liked it and subscribe to the channel (if you haven't done it yet): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzGd.... And if you don't want to miss our next video, click on the bell sign too! The first thing that many of our subscribers associate the IDEX 2021 defence exhibition in Abu Dhabi with is gold-plated assault rifles. But well, it definitely was not limited by them. Check out this video for more details. Do not forget to give us a like if you've liked it and subscribe to the channel (if you haven't done it yet): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzGd.... And if you don't want to miss our next video, click on the bell sign too! In this video, Valentin Vlasenko, the head of Kalashnikov Concern Civilian Small Arms R&D Center, explains what kinds of interesting small arms were presented by foreign companies at IDEX 2021 and introduces the features of each system. It is surely very interesting!

As I understand it, they have "smooth bore" cartridges that fit in guns designed for military rifle and carbine rounds. (I don't remember off the top of my head what they are called. Will look and update) They are smooth until the last few inches and shoot "slugs" and are said to be good to about 150 meters or so. They are basically a work around to meet their laws. A civilian can run one of these smooth bore "carbine" without the hassles of owning a real rifle (years and lots of hoops to jump through.) It seems like this gun could be bought as a smooth bore, then get the rifle upper when the license comes through.

Sounds like the Paradox concept, invented by Lt Col George Fosbery VC, over a hundred years ago.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Quote Originally Posted by jlwilliams View Post
    As I understand it, they have "smooth bore" cartridges that fit in guns designed for military rifle and carbine rounds. (I don't remember off the top of my head what they are called. Will look and update) They are smooth until the last few inches and shoot "slugs" and are said to be good to about 150 meters or so. They are basically a work around to meet their laws. A civilian can run one of these smooth bore "carbine" without the hassles of owning a real rifle (years and lots of hoops to jump through.) It seems like this gun could be bought as a smooth bore, then get the rifle upper when the license comes through.
    According to the video the citizens with a license can own rifled weapons. Under the laws of the former USSR the common people were could get without too much trouble shotguns is how I remember it. People that were heros of some sort would sometimes be rewarded with a presentation carbine.
    But in real life in regions with strong ethnic tensions there were and are a lot of SKS rifles under the floor boards houses. During that seizure of the school by terrorists, when responders ran out of ammunition citizens handed over loaded AK magazines that they just happened to have on hand. At one time every factory and school had an armory and I bet when the USSR fell a lot of those went missing.

Below are examples of Civilian with arms.
    From the Beslan masacre

After an exchange of gunfire against the police and an armed local civilian, in which reportedly one attacker was killed and two were wounded, the militants seized the school building.

The chaos was worsened by the presence of Ossetian volunteer militiamen (opolchentsy) and armed civilians among the crowds of relatives who had gathered at the scene;[49] there were perhaps as many as 5,000 of them

As a result, armed civilians, some of them apparently fathers of the hostages, started shooting.

Many local civilians also joined in the chaotic battle, having brought along their own weapons – at least one of the armed volunteers is known to have been killed. At the same time, regular conscripted soldiers reportedly fled the scene as the fighting began. Civilian witnesses claimed that the local police also had panicked, even firing in the wrong direction.