Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bob Chow always marked his work...I appreciate irony of the "Chow" bushing, as if you can read this...well. Chow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Since the front strap is so thin on many Colts of the era, he went with stippling instead of checkering. While I appreciate the precision of a good checkering job (and all the work that goes into it after learning how to checker) I have to admit, this stippling is a very positive grip.

I know it is no longer the last word in carry guns, but I appreciate this for what it is. And what is it? Simply one of the best defensive sidearms of its era. Time marches on...but when I am at a low risk BBQ with friends, this is proudly at my side. And if one wants to shoot NRA Bullseye, this one is ready to roll.

Boy that was a crappy photo.

Little better. Notice the Bo-Mar sight cut into the slide. No beavertail back then...and when I shoot this one I don't really miss it. Sure makes it easier to hide not to have that beavertail. A big beavertail grip safety is comfortable for me to shoot, but I don't have them on any of the carry 1911's I have when I am regressing back to my youth instead of my usual Glock 19/26 RMR carry gun.

My father was a US Army Platoon Sargent during WWII. He had just gotten married and completed an un-accompanied tour overseas. His company commander informed him he was being shipped out to the Panama Canal for a second un-accompanied tour of duty. My father informed the captain he was in fact not accepting a second un-accompanied tour of duty. The captain got very "snippy" until it dawned on him that my father had "NOT" signed his re-enlistment papers. Then he started trying to coddle and do almost anything to get my father to re-enlist short of giving him an accompanied tour of duty assignment. But my father held firm and left the Army. That year I was born, 1949.

My father instilled in me the LOVE of the COLT 1911, .45 ACP. After I got out of the Army in 1973 it took a while until the 1980s but I eventually purchased a Les Baer. Now, I can hardly afford the good ammo for my guns.

Cuscarry.jpg
    Last edited by Nameless; 04-15-2021 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Delete Attached Image
    “The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”
    – Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776