Default Firing pin; which one?

Mac90 Norinco /type56. Nothing wrong with firing pin but realized I didn’t have a spare. No worries not a first or second line rifle but my ocd kicked in and I went about looking for one.
    Determined mine was not the polytech spring loaded type that are in some early 90s rifles some times billet some times stamped receiver with no rhyme or reason as to which ones- so the pin looks exactly like all other “flat” none fluted none spring loaded pins. Okay I have flat ones in the parts bin only on this Mac the pin is slightly shorter ,like less that a 1/16 th shorter and also appears to have a much sharper edge on the back side of the tip, I don’t know exactly what to call it but there is a little “hook” on the back side of the very tip-
    Anyhow do any of the knowledge folks here have a glue - is this some proprietary type of pin and it being a tad shorter and sharper being due to wear. Should I drop in my USA made standard flat pin and give it a go, anyone have a norinco pin like the one I described laying about that they would trade or sell or point me to a resource that actually has one in stock? Anyone ran into this before?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagantguy View Post
    Mac90 Norinco /type56. Nothing wrong with firing pin but realized I didn’t have a spare. No worries not a first or second line rifle but my ocd kicked in and I went about looking for one.
    Determined mine was not the polytech spring loaded type that are in some early 90s rifles some times billet some times stamped receiver with no rhyme or reason as to which ones- so the pin looks exactly like all other “flat” none fluted none spring loaded pins. Okay I have flat ones in the parts bin only on this Mac the pin is slightly shorter ,like less that a 1/16 th shorter and also appears to have a much sharper edge on the back side of the tip, I don’t know exactly what to call it but there is a little “hook” on the back side of the very tip-
    Anyhow do any of the knowledge folks here have a glue - is this some proprietary type of pin and it being a tad shorter and sharper being due to wear. Should I drop in my USA made standard flat pin and give it a go, anyone have a norinco pin like the one I described laying about that they would trade or sell or point me to a resource that actually has one in stock? Anyone ran into this before?
    if the spare firing pin looks different, it should be tried out for function. Kalashnikovs being made all over the world, one should not always assume interchangeability. I would try out the future replacement and if it needs fitting for correct function, then get that figured out now and then put the original back in.
    Anyone here ever break a comblock spec firing pin. I am sure it must happen, just not a aware of it.

I have a Norinco AK firing pin and a polished Norinco bolt carrier somewhere in my gun junk. I got rid of my AK's a few years ago, but I still have a box of parts. I could post a pic of it along with measurements, that is if I can find it.

Thanks guys- I haven’t run the standard flat pin yet, also haven’t found anything written why it’s a tad shorter and sharper on the back side when all the literature says either fluted or spring loaded type with knob on bottom.
    And I agree with ronlassit above that with who all made what when to export where there really is no for sure 100% answers as to what will fit which flavor. But I’m betting my flat pin will work, or work after I trim it to the same length. Don’t know what difference that sharper angle would make.