Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks Papa. I've been tracking Gold Dot, which hasn't reappeared in 32 yet so this is an option. I have several hundred GD now but want a lot more for whoever ends up with this when I'm gone.

Gold Dot and PMC both work well in mine. I just found a semi-local shop with Buffalo Bore in stock so tomorrow we will see if that flies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MesserMan View Post
    Just picked me up a Seecamp .32. I know the pistol is designed specifically around JHP ammo to prevent rim-lock. Given that, what does the tribe carry or trust in their Seecamps? Im primarily concerned about achieving sufficient penetration.
    If penetration is your main concern, I would look at Fiocchi ball ammo. .32s do not expand well in any ballistic test I have been able to find. The only rounds that penetrate even near 13 in ballistic gel are ball. But you need a flat tipped ball to shoot in the seecamp. I realize that gel tests are not real life but if a round wont penetrate and wont expand in a perfect medium what makes some people believe they will be magical in a human body?

No one seriously expects significant expansion. As for penetration, the Seecamp is an eyeball socket/under the chin gun. Buffalo Bore will likely get you inside at longer distances, but at contact distances anything on the short list should do fine.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:25

Speer Gold Dot 60gr JHP has been flawless for me.

Seecamp’s webpage also shows PMC BRONZE 60gr JHP is comparible.
    - Ray -

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it comes to dominate our lives and interests."
    - Patrick Henry

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson

PERSPECTIVES

No pocket pistol is a front line weapon. The J Frame extends the limit in skilled hands...but not by much. These pistols are for sticking into an eye socket, under a chin, or into a ball sack and pressing the trigger. I shake my head in wonder when people discuss "groups" and "zero" with Seecamps and Tomcats, and such. Missing the point of the weapon they are.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Keep in mind that all of the recommended ammo by Seecamp use the 60 gr JHP bullets. A lot has to do with the cartridge length.

The Buffalo Bore 32 ACP +P uses a 75gr Hard Cast bullet. This cartridge might be too long for the Seecamp and may not feed correctly.
    - Ray -

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it comes to dominate our lives and interests."
    - Patrick Henry

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    PERSPECTIVES
    These pistols are for sticking into an eye socket, under a chin, or into a ball sack and pressing the trigger.
    Damn, I thought the target was back of the head or contact into the back.
    I was born for a storm, and a calm does not suit me. - Andrew Jackson

I think of them best used in the way the counter man in the Twitter video mentioned elsewhere used his pistol....near-contact distance and multiple rounds in the head.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk