Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Guess I am in the minority. Removed the SB3, and replaced it with a Tailhook Mod 2.

I did the same. SB3s all sold. I’ve gone Tailhook. The compact model works very well with folding stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by OldLawman View Post
    Guess I am in the minority. Removed the SB3, and replaced it with a Tailhook Mod 2.

Want to sell it?

Got 2 SB3A's on my Commando and MK18 Wannabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    +1 to the SBA3
    Yep. I stuck with the KAK original Shockwaves for a long time, wish I'd jumped on the SBA3 sooner. I liked the first one well enough that I went back and set up the rest of my pistols with them too.

But thanks to Papa for the review on that Shockwave 2.0; I'd considered those but never pulled the trigger. You saved me the trouble! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Yondering View Post
    But thanks to Papa for the review on that Shockwave 2.0; I'd considered those but never pulled the trigger. You saved me the trouble! :)
    dummy.jpg
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

So I threw the original Shockwave on the scale: 9.7 oz. including buffer tube.

KAK claims 7.274 oz.(!) for the 2.0. SB's specs show 6.75 oz. for the SBA3, but those can't include the buffer tube and I'm not yanking the one that magically appeared here off the gun to obtain the actual number.

If you have one unattached, weigh the brace and tube on a digital scale and add to the collective knowledge of the tribe.

My take on the SBA3: much less play, far easier to adjust, and readily clears the endplate, castle nut and QD swivel. You can't remove the swivel without adjusting the stock, but ease of adjusting makes this a non-issue.

Downside is expense: 2-3 times as much as the 2.0.

A hack for the KAK 2.0: grab the brace like a pistol grip, use your index finger to mash the tab like you were running a Yugo Tok and pull hard. Collapsing is harder, and I use my thumb.

Meanwhile waiting for SI to restock on these. No pun intended, ATF take notice.
    Last edited by Papa; 03-04-2021 at 02:48 PM.

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

Vale et omnia quae.

313 grams or 11 oz for sba3 with buffer tube

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    313 grams or 11 oz for sba3 with buffer tube
    So: 11 oz for the SBA3 with buffer tube
    9.7oz for the KAK with buffer tube

Vale et omnia quae.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Innocenti View Post
    Thanks for the responses so far.

I will order up an SBA3 when back in stock.

In the meantime, I will buy the Commando 10.5.

Hopefully SI can put it in a Nordstrom or Saks 5th Ave box so my wife doesn’t have an ND in her jeans.

Or maybe the complete Supermatch Upper for my Gen4 19 that should be shipping soon could go in a Manolo Blowhole shoe box...
    give us a call, i've got an sba3 in od green, as well as lower kits and triggers, nothing fancy, but they are NiB coated milspec

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI