Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    People can be manipulative. You know how we always talk about not injecting ourselves in 3rd party events unless it shocks the conscious? Often we just don't know the details and especially when it comes to females it's easy to get white knight syndrome.

If she really has a problem, and it is as cut and dry as you make it sound, it should be addressed through legal means. Seeking extralegal means to resolve the issue, unless you are *crystal* clear on the circumstances, is a bad path to go down.

Most states have laws that make it a crime, sometimes even a felony, to threaten someone via electronic means. If evidence really exists this shouldn't be impossible to get LE to address.

The story seems really fishy to me: she has been way too conveniently roadblocked at each other option and...gee, only you can save her.

Bottom line:

Girl acting kinda sus.

Gotta agree with Chad and apamburn. Sound advice. Distance from disorder.

in my younger and more foolish days my doper sister suckered me into white knighting for her against her drug peddler exBF. I didn’t know many of the facts and my father had asked if she could stay with me while he worked to get her into rehab and the like. Long story short, I got used like a two dollar whore. A couple of missing guns and a lot of drama later she recontacted her ex to come get her and he stated that he was bringing an Uzi to deal with me. I was told this in front of the local JP, the Chief of Police, several Deputies, and a state drug enforcement officer. I said Fine, I’ll settle this bs as soon as his feet hit the ground. None of them liked that option so they got on the ball and arrested him.

The above is an example of how far things can get jacked up when dealing with women’s drama, and dishonesty. I learned a LOT from this. Gabe’s “Distance from Disorder” should be the rule of the day. And ask yourself something. If she won’t pursue help from LE, why is she bothering you with her drama?

jim
    2 Samuel 22; Psalm 139:21-22

Quote Originally Posted by apamburn View Post
    People can be manipulative. You know how we always talk about not injecting ourselves in 3rd party events unless it shocks the conscious? Often we just don't know the details and especially when it comes to females it's easy to get white knight syndrome.

If she really has a problem, and it is as cut and dry as you make it sound, it should be addressed through legal means. Seeking extralegal means to resolve the issue, unless you are *crystal* clear on the circumstances, is a bad path to go down.

Most states have laws that make it a crime, sometimes even a felony, to threaten someone via electronic means. If evidence really exists this shouldn't be impossible to get LE to address.

The story seems really fishy to me: she has been way too conveniently roadblocked at each other option and...gee, only you can save her.

Bottom line:

Girl acting kinda sus.
    Oh, she didn't ask for any help, but she's open to it. She does talk about it when it happens, and it's been bothering me. She's gonna move and change her name in not too long, and last week she sat down and changed all her passwords, for what that's worth.

She's...not the most motivated person. I was on facetime with her the night the welfare check happened, and she took the officers word for it, and was clearly unhappy about it.

I don't think this will result in a physical altercation, and neither does she. Everything has been psychological, at a distance. I don't think he's even in the same state, and maybe he's in Africa or the Middle East right now.

I'll keep this in mind though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogunater View Post
    I think the probability she's hiding something from me is low.
    You've already said at the beginning that she’s not telling you everything, won’t report it, won’t pursue options. And you’ve been conveniently chosen as the shining armor model. Most of us here have dealt with women’s drama, and there’s usually nothing more treacherous. And they rarely, if ever, give you the whole truth. It’s about like quicksand.

The guys who have taken time to reply here have given you good advice on what she needs to do, but have also given you a bright flashing neon sign about what YOU need to do. Brother, there’s WAY too many red flags here. We can’t tell you what to do, but we know what you need to do.
    Psalm 139:21,22
    Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
    I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

The truth is hatred to those who hate truth.

NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    That's a good one, Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by res308 View Post
    You've already said at the beginning that she’s not telling you everything, won’t report it, won’t pursue options. And you’ve been conveniently chosen as the shining armor model. Most of us here have dealt with women’s drama, and there’s usually nothing more treacherous. And they rarely, if ever, give you the whole truth. It’s about like quicksand.

The guys who have taken time to reply here have given you good advice on what she needs to do, but have also given you a bright flashing neon sign about what YOU need to do. Brother, there’s WAY too many red flags here. We can’t tell you what to do, but we know what you need to do.
    I understand what you're saying, but it just doesn't quite add up yet. I'll will however remain cautious, not get too close to it without further information. Thank you all.

I assume you are trying to get in her pants with all this.

Slam on the breaks and GTFO while you can.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    I assume you are trying to get in her pants with all this.

Slam on the breaks and GTFO while you can.
    That's not how my mind works....but noted.

Doesn't happen to be this woman does it?

https://youtu.be/a3p3S89PX74

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/joan...acebook-roast/

Sounds familiar