Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default LET US DESIGN A 308 COMMANDO...OF SORTS

There is a place for a 308 semi auto field rifle. Something that you can kill men with and poach the king's beasts with. Light enough to carry afield...modern as a smartphone, and cool as a mother......

It is not any sort of bolt gun so lets not get into that. I thought at one point...years ago it might be a FAL...and then a VEPR...but damn if those bitches werent heavy.

Yes...I know all about the "get stronger" term....I fucking coined it...or stole it from the Viking in 13th Warrior. But after three days at 6000+ elevation...yeah....no. Lighter is better...within reason.

I am leaning toward an AR10 based system...a pistol version and a rifle version. No matter what...unless you have buying power and a USMC soul snatching killer working with a dude Sirvivorman wants to be in his fantasies...we will do it better and lower cost.

So...it takes a viking to raze a village...or something village...kind of. Lets build it.

Start with an AR10 lower....and lets f****** build it. The Poachers Special...the Back Country Sniper...the IDKWTF we should call it special.

Lets build it. First ten to those who help design it at cost.

Light...accurate...easy to use...easy to kill with...makes liberals sad...what else.

Cooper had his Scout Rifle...Suarez will have his...IDK...something bad for bad motherfuckers rifle.

LET US BEGIN!!
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Requirements

Takes Magpul AR10 mags
    Accepts a can
    Reasonably light trigger.
    MOA to 300 yards
    Gabriel Suarez

I’m almost thinking a 12.5” AR pistol would be very nimble. Just long enough to burn off the powder, but short enough to keep it handy.
    Last edited by Wiseguy04; 02-19-2021 at 07:58 PM.
    “This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.” - Churchill

16" AR 10.

A friend has an LMT that I have shot out to 600 yards and hit chest sized, maybe a little smaller, round gongs with easy using 168's. We didn't group it on paper that far out because we ran out of time. If I were going to build one I would do it in that vein. My knowledge of specific components and such is only surface deep with AR10s unfortunately so I am no help there. I just know that the LMT MWS with a 16" barrel kicks ass.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Why not the FN SCAR-H? Does not take Magpul mags but takes a can and I have a Geissele trigger I mine. Light and folding stock out the box.

FN SCAR depends on FN...a company that...like SIG will discontinue a platform on a whim. Add that to FN being the sole source of spare parts...proprietary and overpriced magazines...nah...I will pass on it...and the FAL, and the G3...and the M1A. In 2021...gotta be an AR10 system for what we have on mind.
    Gabriel Suarez

Just for references sake I looked up the weight differences between the .308win barrels on Aeroprecision's website. 16" Barrel was 36oz. and the 12.5" barrel was 33.44oz.

Fluting could negate that difference but same same on the 12.5" if fluted so?

Only difference is velocity loss, any hard user data on that?

On the pistol how short can the barrel be and still reach out to 600 with enough power left. On board with this project.
    I was born for a storm, and a calm does not suit me. - Andrew Jackson

I would envision a 14” straight fluted barrel, 5/8 threaded. Normally I would recommend a breakout flash hider but AAC is still in bankruptcy and parts are not available. As to barrel brand??? You would know better than I.

10”-12” Mlock upper.

Lower should be POF or Aero. Spikes is also good. Milled stripped receivers are awesome but can cost $400-600 by themselves.

SB adjustable brace. Geissele trigger.

Also suspect most here would plan to run a suppressor on the pistol
    I was born for a storm, and a calm does not suit me. - Andrew Jackson