Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Indeed, if it is in spec then it is in spec. Even a company like PSA can put together a decent rifle if they really tried. Once companies start cutting corners you start getting things like improper torque, staking, anti-seize, overgassing, non-concentric barrels, cheap steel, unsecured gas blocks, ect. It's almost impossible to find a company that can make you gun that mitigates all of those issues for under a grand. I had to take apart an older Suarez rifle and was pleasantly surprised to find the barrels dimpled under the gas blocks screws. It's small things like that that makes them worth the price.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend
    Pistol Ground Fighting

TWOTU since 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Brightlightman View Post
    Indeed, if it is in spec then it is in spec. Even a company like PSA can put together a decent rifle if they really tried. Once companies start cutting corners you start getting things like improper torque, staking, anti-seize, overgassing, non-concentric barrels, cheap steel, unsecured gas blocks, ect. It's almost impossible to find a company that can make you gun that mitigates all of those issues for under a grand. I had to take apart an older Suarez rifle and was pleasantly surprised to find the barrels dimpled under the gas blocks screws. It's small things like that that makes them worth the price.
    I am most pleased to read that about the SI rifles and of course expected nothing less.

Sure looks like a certain Robert K Brown to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bpd459 View Post
    Sure looks like a certain Robert K Brown to me.
    Bingo.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20