Default dumb question from fng

how do you not lock the slide to the rear on the proactive reload? training magazine sans followers?

Quote Originally Posted by reforger2002 View Post
    how do you not lock the slide to the rear on the proactive reload? training magazine sans followers?
    These. Not sure if the store sells them. I think they are called Rogers saftey device. Although they provide zero saftey. You can load rounds on top of them. Some people think it inhibits that ability, it most certainly does not.

41JKC2QX3cL._AC_SX425_.jpg
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    Rogers saftey device.
    41JKC2QX3cL._AC_SX425_.jpg
    These are great. I bought a big bag of them and I give them out to students. I prefer dedicated training mags, but I know that many people just won't get them, so these are a cheap, easy option. They are also easy to add to the traveling kit.

Through the years, I've accumulated a lot of different training tools, and I still use all of them occasionally. I have a couple of old Ring's "blue gun" magazines. I also have a Pro Mag that came with a used Glock, so I stripped the spring and follower out and stuffed the body with clay to give it some weight. The blue mag actually costs more than an OEM mag today, so I wouldn't waste money on another one of those now. If you've got any old 10-rd Clinton Clips, those are also good candidates to be turned into trainers. I spray paint the bottoms blue, so that I know at a glance that they are inert.
    Virtute et Armis

I treat my street mags with care...I do not abuse them or throw them around. I also have range training mags which are older mags that are very functional but old. I use them for live fire work and they get used well. And we all have old mags that are well...too beaten up for street work...or we can get the new Magpul versions.

In either case, remove the floorplates...paint them a very visible color. Reassemble without the guts. Do about five of them and keep them handy for training. I did the same with mags for the M4.

I will also say that I have about 36 reserve magazines for every firearm type. These are kept new in the bag and opened when a magazine is retired or lost. Or to sell one day if ... well...you know.

Look around guys...the enemy has overtaken the country and they despise the fact that we are able to do what we do. And now - thanks to your countrymen - they have four years to figure out how to sodomize the last line of freedom's defense...armed real Americans that can say in a way that no sign carrying protestor ever could. Sooooo. Get some damn mags today...I promise you that they will never be more available, nor cheaper than right now. And next month...they may not be available at all.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Thanks gentlemen big help as always