Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Large revolvers

Slight drift: a left handed woman I know only wants to EDC a 4" revolver. I found her this on Etsy at ETWHolsters. I am very impressed with the quality and she is happy with both the comfort and concealment. She is 5'6" and 118 lbs. The cant is adjustable to some degree, also.

KframeIWB.jpg

I like Tucker Gun Leather in Texas; top quality leather and craftsmanship.

unnamed.jpg3a1204a5f8f88f749e3c8dbebb2abe94.jpg

For Revolvers they make the "Texas Heritage Revolver" Holster

Last edited by Nameless; 04-17-2021 at 11:40 AM.
    “The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”
    – Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I'm an old Army vet that grew up shooting my grandfather's (father's father) WWI Colt 1911 .45 ACP. It allowed me to qualify as a "green" 2LT. at "expert" level with Colt 1911. I have owned and carried a Les Baer Custom Colt 1911, a Glock 21, and a Springfield XD .45 Service Model. I also own a Full Custom Apex Tactical Specialties S&W 625-8 JM 4" .45 ACP revolver cut for full moon clips. I include pics of it below from when I purchased it online. It is one of the fastest reloading revolvers there is. No, it is limited in ammo capacity but then California limits magazine capacity of automatics to ten rounds in their "enlightened wisdom". One of the reasons I use standard velocity .45 ACP in my auto and Federal HST+P in my S&W 625. I have been shooting the .45 ACP so long at 71 it seems part of my hand and second nature. I begrudge no one shooting what they shoot the best what ever that is.

Attachment 61289

Federal .45 ACP HST Cufflinks and Tie Clasp
    Attachment 61291

Attachment 61290
    Now that is really nice...spurless, and a rear sight that makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunstore Commando View Post
    What's a Model 12? That some other new-fangled idea you kids have come up with?

Attachment 61062
    The S&W model 12 was made from 1952 to 1986, with the first models offered made completely of aluminum alloy. It didn’t take too long before it was found that the alloy cylinders wouldn’t hold up to firing even standard pressure .38 Special loads, and the guns were changed to steel in 1954. The all-alloy guns, commonly called the ‘Aircrewman’ model, are highly collectable nowadays.
    The Model 12 was offered with either 2” or 4” barrels, in blue or nickel finish, and with a square or round butt like the old mainstay of the Smith & Wesson line, the Model 10 service revolver.