Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Holosun has gotten some good reviews, but they're made in China.

My boycott doesn't have to be your boycott....but Fuck China.
    "I have many people, but few men."
    -Xerxes, King of Persia, at the battle of Thermopylae

"Charity has got everything to do with giving, but nothing to do with taking."
    -Pastor Gregory Moss, from When The Host Dies

"Studies show that a rapist who has been shot several times loses ardor."
    -Fred Reed

I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Trench

The Chinese Communist Party thanks you all for your continued support...

"If you find yourself in a fair fight you failed to properly prepare..."

"History is the autobiography of a madman..."

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter76 View Post
    The Chinese Communist Party thanks you all for your continued support...
    As long as the American workers are communist labor union members, Chinese and other foreign manufacturing will be cheaper.

A true Austrian Economist will buy the best product at the best price regardless of where it was made.

A true pirate will plunder all the ships.

A patriot will go broke trying to buy American made competing products at 2-3x the price, while directly financially supporting minimum wage and other communist ideals in his own country.

Not quite so black and white, now, is it?
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD
    DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

Strange thread, we can still get RMRs in the RM01, 2, 6 and 7 variety just about any day of the week, while holosun has been claiming regular shipments, they never leave the boat. One of pur distributors received 1 507x2 on friday which has been the first we've seen pop up in about 8 months. It was gone before i could get it int the cart

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Got lucky, got a couple of the V2 models (RMR like buttons) from local shops before the lawsuit kicked in. Both have a matte finish, not the shiny. also got a couple of 407K models with large RMR like buttons.

Local shop has a sh!tload of 507c X2 models, but getting them online is a pain. Crazy times.

RMRs have not been a problem. Didn't have trouble finding an FDE DeltaPoint for my son's M17, either. Not my fave, but he's still in uniform and I've been getting him copy of whatever Uncle Sugar issues, M9, M17, M4-type.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    As long as the American workers are communist labor union members, Chinese and other foreign manufacturing will be cheaper.

A true Austrian Economist will buy the best product at the best price regardless of where it was made.

A patriot will go broke trying to buy American made competing products at 2-3x the price, while directly financially supporting minimum wage and other communist ideals in his own country.

Everything you said is true.

But I not sure Austrian Economists fully consider the concept of economic warfare.

Also, how is buying ChiCom RDS plundering Holosun?

Do you think we should consider other aspects of a product besides function, quality and price? As an example, I'm sure that Amazon's AWS was the most cost effective server hosting service available to Parler.

Good Luck and Better Skill.

Oh, and, if we want to further explore this line of thought, we should avoid inadvertently hijacking this thread and maybe start a new one.
    Last edited by Trench; 01-31-2021 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Anti-thread hijack statement added.
    "I have many people, but few men."
    -Xerxes, King of Persia, at the battle of Thermopylae

"Charity has got everything to do with giving, but nothing to do with taking."
    -Pastor Gregory Moss, from When The Host Dies

"Studies show that a rapist who has been shot several times loses ardor."
    -Fred Reed

I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Trench

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post

That neither makes sense nor is factually accurate...

As of 2020 Union membership in America across all industries sits at 10.3%. America is hardly a Union stronghold. Buying Holosun isn't plundering anything nor is 'buying the best product at the best price'. I don't think anyone will argue that the Holosun is 'as good' as Trijicon, and at only $30 to a little over $100 more depending on model of RMR I think the argument for choosing a Holosun over a Trijicon is simply being cheap while supporting the CCP's quest for hegemonic power. Besides, if you think Trijicon supports communist ideals you might want to look more into the company and its founder.

So yes, it really is that black and white.

"If you find yourself in a fair fight you failed to properly prepare..."

"History is the autobiography of a madman..."