Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    I realize I might be asking this question too early, but what are the advantages/disadvantages to this system over the new Timney? How do the two compare?
    Adjustable triggers are the worst choice for combat carry. Think of the Timney in the same way you think of one of those adjustable Zev triggers. If that is your thing, go for it, but it is a tragedy or a mistake waiting to happen.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Gabe,

How would you compare this new Gen5 trigger system in a Gen4 19 to your complete NP3 Gen4 set up?

I have your complete NP3 set-up in all of my carry/teaching guns, including the NP3 lightened tool-steel firing pin and safety plunger. Best I have ever felt that is also still 100% “carry confident.” (I also strongly recommend SI as the best possible to all my advanced students. Nothing better.)

Thanks for the info.

And again, thanks for your video on the RMRcc. Saved me a chunk of change. ( Which I then spent on pre-ordering another complete Gen4 Supermatch slide assembly.)
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

Complete Pistol Gunfighter
    Force on Force
    Killing within the Law
    Pistol Groundfighting

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Adjustable triggers are the worst choice for combat carry. Think of the Timney in the same way you think of one of those adjustable Zev triggers. If that is your thing, go for it, but it is a tragedy or a mistake waiting to happen.
    I don't think the new Timney trigger for the Glock is actually adjustable. However, it is billed as a "competition" trigger, and is only 3 lbs... That's going to be a big "no" from me.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." Martin Luther

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I don't think the new Timney trigger for the Glock is actually adjustable. However, it is billed as a "competition" trigger, and is only 3 lbs... That's going to be a big "no" from me.
    It has a pretravel adjustment screw in the trigger face that can get you into quick trouble if you aren't careful... Too much and it will bypass the trigger safety and potentially engage the striker plunger safety.
    And the trigger return spring is now changed to a lightweight spring on the trigger pivot itself which is suspect as it does not always reset the trigger (with this system the striker is no longer able to reset the trigger).
    It's a damn cool idea/design but it has no place on a self defense pistol... Strictly for gun games and range toys.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Frederick View Post
    Too much and it will bypass the trigger safety and potentially engage the striker plunger safety.
    And the trigger return spring is now changed to a lightweight spring on the trigger pivot itself which is suspect as it does not always reset the trigger (with this system the striker is no longer able to reset the trigger).
    I predict within a year of this coming on the market, some Belly Bumpfire will install it in his pocket carried 43 and fart and the body tremor will make the gun go off and shoot the tip of his nearly invisible appendage right off.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I predict within a year of this coming on the market, some Belly Bumpfire will install it in his pocket carried 43 and fart and the body tremor will make the gun go off and shoot the tip of his nearly invisible appendage right off.
    I LOLd really hard at this.

Quote Originally Posted by TFA303 View Post
    Fantastic idea!

It looks like any Gen 5 connector can be used in this, is that correct?
    There is no gen 5 connector, just standard glock connectors and slim frame

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    There is no gen 5 connector, just standard glock connectors and slim frame

Excellent, thanks.
    Armed Puritan