"Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
    Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed
    Everybody knows the war is over
    Everybody knows the good guys lost
    Everybody knows the fight was fixed
    The poor stay poor, the rich get rich
    That's how it goes
    Everybody knows..."

Not so very long ago, we discussed ad infinitum the role of the individual warrior in the war on terror.
    Given betrayals by friends, family, elected officials--given the unwillingness of so many LEOs to confront and control Antifa and BLM, what now? For whom and under what circumstances do we stick our necks out?
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Nothing changes for me.

I know which of my extended family are worth helping, and I don't keep friends or family who aren't worth my ultimate effort. ALL of those people will get my full effort. Whatever is required.

The caveat to that is: My general AO is conducive to hiding particular types of behavior. YMMV.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

For those things YOU care about only. I cant tell you what they are...only you know.

Would I risk anything at all to save the life of a communist...never...no matter who they were. That is the only thing that has changed for me.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Its about timing. There has be be enough chaos and background noise to drown things out and hide in.

To quote Magneto from the second, I think, X-men movie: "In Chess... the pawns go first".
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

I think the only real change for me has been to view this past 12 months as a sieve that has applied a tight filter to identify those inside my tribe and those who I misperceived to be in my tribe.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD
    DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    I think the only real change for me has been to view this past 12 months as a sieve that has applied a tight filter to identify those inside my tribe and those who I misperceived to be in my tribe.
    This has been one big realization for me also.

In one of the 'Flocker' movies (Movies I loathe!), Robert De Niro's character talks about a circle of trust. That's a concept that has been part of my psyche for over 50 years. Nothing has changed. My ROE is also unchanged.

Nothing changes for me.

I know which of my extended family are worth helping, and I don't keep friends or family who aren't worth my ultimate effort. ALL of those people will get my full effort. Whatever is required.
    I don't post much but feel compelled to let this out. I'm of the FLM (few lives matter) crowd and have been for decades. Mine, my immediate family & friends & fellow warriors that I know &/or respect that will fight with me to the death. All other lives are irrelevant to me unless they prove they belong in the previous categories. Pirating, profiting & surviving are the trinity that I strive for daily. God have mercy on any who stand in my way, because I wont. I ask for no quarter & none will be given. Like some here, I've "seen the elephant" I have no qualms about another view.
    Rom 13:4 For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil,
    be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister,
    an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

When did the term "God, Family, Tribe" become a term on this site?...certainly it pre-dates me. Never before has it held such a simple yet clear beacon to guide me and mine.
    My continuing gratitude to Gabe and this tribe...for all you do!

GFT. God, Family, Tribe. I coined that in 2008 when Obama was incredulously elected. It was the same year that I realized I could never be a Pastor because I utterly hated all communists, and I could never pray for or with them...wishing them all the evils on earth was not consistent with the socialized American church.

So I turned my back on that road, hoisted the black and flew it for 8 years. I was truly hopeful when Trump was elected. America had turned the corner. And for 4 years we saw what America could be...but now the black flag is flying again. My loyalties are for...and ONLY for God, Family, and Tribe again. And I think that will not change for the remainder of my life. A free and capitalist America eas an illusion we got to witness for 4 years. Now we are back to the real world.

You know what GFT means now. The rest of is FEE. The two "E" are for Everything Else. I will bet even Capt America knows what the F is for.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters