Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ROE

Yes Taipan...YES. I see how trying to pastor to the godless, who would rather slit your throat then change ( or even consider another view) relegates us to take care of only us.
    Me and mine continue to hold the faith that good always trumps evil. It makes it easier to live like we do...surrounded but unbowed.
    Thanks!

Well...plenty of them were godly long term believers...but also commies. So somebody had it wrong and somebody wasnt interested in being challenged intellectualy.

The last day I attended was the Sunday after Obama got reelected by idiot Americans. When the pastor said we were going to pray for the president I got up with my kids and walked out.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Easier to be about prayer than to sell your shirt and buy a sword...
    The wise buccaneer buys a sword, a blaster and makes his own loinclothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Well...plenty of them were godly long term believers...but also commies. So somebody had it wrong and somebody wasnt interested in being challenged intellectualy.

The last day I attended was the Sunday after Obama got reelected by idiot Americans. When the pastor said we were going to pray for the president I got up with my kids and walked out.
    We fired one congregation after the pastor, in the pulpit, started pissing and moaning after we re-elected W.

This also eliminated contact with a certain offensive dope-smoking travel show host, whose parents were parishioners. Win-win.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Our pastor, and his 'pastor' wife, de-selected themselves and moved out (to ohio, i think) after their ego and self-centered nonsense alienated 3/4 of our small parish. bad riddance to bad rubbish, and those sheep left are foundering under the financial crap pile they left. The rest of us started another fellowship, and all's well. 'Course, keeping God in front of GFT helps immensely!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    For whom and under what circumstances do we stick our necks out?

If someone is engaging in evil I'm not going to take a straw poll to see how many communists are in the victim set.

Half the country (at least) voted against The Thief and Baby Beria, so I figure in any crowd there's at least 1/3rd worth saving.

Other than that it's going to be highly situational.

Why would the rules change? Family, tribe, and then it's "shocks the conscience", right? Why is it any different from last week?