Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post
    I have the Street Comp on a Gen 3 G19. Love it. It's a pussycat to shoot, gets right back on target.

Same here. Concur 100%.

I am not planning on buying any new carry guns any time soon except maybe a Seecamp, so I'm not looking for new comp options.
    Here's my example - there's a lot of wear on this gun, because it's a genuine EDC.
    20200319_165005.jpg
    Armed Puritan

Quote Originally Posted by TFA303 View Post
    Same here. Concur 100%.

I am not planning on buying any new carry guns any time soon except maybe a Seecamp, so I'm not looking for new comp options.
    Here's my example - there's a lot of wear on this gun, because it's a genuine EDC.
    20200319_165005.jpg
    Even a daily driver needs new brakes and tires now and then.....

This one could benefit from

New sights
    New trigger
    Mag well

And before anyone says "if it ain't broke...", do you wait until you and your fam are wrapped around a tree cuz your brakes broke before you replace the old with the new? Just saying...
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Thanks Morgan...

I carry my Street Comp 24-7. BTW...just changed access so only registered people can see the forum or post and all are being vetted as much as possible by my peeps. No first amendment here either...if I think someone is an agent provocateur, a useful idiot, or a Fed that forgot what his oath meant...Bannomatic!!!
    My prime carries, -19 and -43, are both Street Comp'd - flat out stupid fine... -34 is a Back Alley babe with excellent manners.
    Thanks for the vetting change, greatly appreciated.
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy's Laws of Combat: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)

Default G-Snipe vs S-Comp

Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post
    I have the Street Comp on a Gen 3 G19. Love it. It's a pussycat to shoot, gets right back on target.
    Same here... also upgraded with a SI trigger package, T-con RMR...goes to target, makes eye contact, smiles, shakes hands and won't let go.

Dark Alleys on my G-17 & G-26
    Many are able, few are willing .

Dirty is exactly why you are here.

NV28

RGF,PSP,ACRG x 2,CRG x 2
    Intro PS Basics,Def Knife
    HITS-7 Vehicle Gunfighting Fundamentals
    TASI,CRG-3,M4 RGF
    Red Dot Pistol in S.A. Tx.
    Suarez Pistol Gunfighting School 10/13-15/2017 Houston, Texas.
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School ,Mar 6-8-2020,Orange Tx.

Well, I have a 19 and a 43 both with a street comp, Suarez barrels and internals. They both shoot amazingly well. The 19 has so little recoil that you literally watch your sights barely move on target during shooting. The thing I love most about the gun is the Suarez slide that has no front angulation so the slide is almost seamless through the comp. The 43 wears a stock slide. (Milled by Suarez for a rms of course. We are not savages after all.). To me, shooting +p ammo in the 43 with a street comp, feels like a 19 shooting lite loads without the comp. It makes a huge difference.

I also have a dark alley comp which usually rides on a 26 or a 17. Those are suppressor hosts so no street comp. The dark alley helps the recoil feel slightly less sharp but not as profound as the street comp. I notice it more on the 26 than the 17.

What I would like to see is a way to repeatedly remove the street comp and replace as desired. My wonder is: On the threaded barrel, would it be possible for the threads to stop short of the shoulder creating a trough that set screws could dig into without damaging the threads? If so, that would be best of both worlds.

I have a little bit of experience with shooting and I'm confident that can take a stock off the rack Glock and crush it on the range any day. So many will say, "you don't need to put a Comp, RDS, or match trigger on a 9mm pistol". However over decades of war I acquired a few hard learned lessons. One of those being that when you get into real life or death fights things often are NOT PERFECT, such as; your grip might be bad, senses overloaded, trigger management is rushed and sloppy, sight picture is imperfect, manipulations are hindered by things like gloves or body/hand position. And yes training can help to mitigate some of these, but you know what? It's still often fucked!

What these upgrades provide is some help making the Imperfect Realities of a fight more forgiving......Or as one guy told me when I first started running am RDS many years ago he said "That's cheating", Yes, yes it is.... Fair fights are for those who are destined to lose, just look at the Republicans

This is one of the very early "TSD Combat Systems" 319s with RMR07, that has been continually upgraded; Street Comp, face shooter trigger, Mag release and magwell... Oh and a refinish in "Ranger Sand"

20190717_145607s.jpg
    20190717_145813s.jpg
    Cheers
    T.

"VICTORIOUS WARRIORS WIN FIRST...
    AND THEN GO TO WAR,
    WHILE DEFEATED WARRIORS GO TO WAR FIRST...
    AND THEN SEEK TO WIN." Sun tzu

Quote Originally Posted by SUA SPONTE View Post
    I have a little bit of experience with shooting and I'm confident that can take a stock off the rack Glock and crush it on the range any day. So many will say, "you don't need to put a Comp, RDS, or match trigger on a 9mm pistol". However over decades of war I acquired a few hard learned lessons. One of those being that when you get into real life or death fights things often are NOT PERFECT, such as; your grip might be bad, senses overloaded, trigger management is rushed and sloppy, sight picture is imperfect, manipulations are hindered by things like gloves or body/hand position. And yes training can help to mitigate some of these, but you know what? It's still often fucked!

What these upgrades provide is some help making the Imperfect Realities of a fight more forgiving......Or as one guy told me when I first started running am RDS many years ago he said "That's cheating", Yes, yes it is.... Fair fights are for those who are destined to lose, just look at the Republicans

This is one of the very early "TSD Combat Systems" 319s with RMR07, that has been continually upgraded; Street Comp, face shooter trigger, Mag release and magwell... Oh and a refinish in "Ranger Sand"

20190717_145607s.jpg
    20190717_145813s.jpg
    Very cool! RLTW!
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll')
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Even a daily driver needs new brakes and tires now and then.....

This one could benefit from

New sights
    New trigger
    Mag well

And before anyone says "if it ain't broke...", do you wait until you and your fam are wrapped around a tree cuz your brakes broke before you replace the old with the new? Just saying...

And the new TAG trigger looks like exactly what I need.
    Armed Puritan

Quote Originally Posted by SUA SPONTE View Post

20190717_145607s.jpg
    20190717_145813s.jpg

THAT POST EMBODIES THE CORE REASONS WHY WE OPTIMIZE OUR GEAR, NOT ONLY OUR SKILLS!!!

SKILLS MAY DEGRADE FROM CIRCUMSTANCES, BUT TOP SHELF KIT REMAINS
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I DO love my street comp. Best all purpose SD handgun investment I've made.