Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I will say this. In 1999, 64% of all homicides in LA county went unsolved. And as far as Missing Persons...that is anyones guess as to how ma y were homicides...and thus still unsolved.

Sorry...no. As I said...All in or dont bother. Those thugs could easily been disposed of, burried in the woods, and listed still as Missing Persons.
    I have a relative who is a medical examiner in a major metropolitan area. The statistics for unsolved murders in that location are still more or less the same.

They said essentially the same thing. Basically, that if no one saw you and you never talk, you'll probably get away with it.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

The biggest mistakes I saw were these

1. Needing to make a statement. Nit just enough to do the deed...but the need to take credit and explain why.

2. Thinking with the heart and not the mind. The so called Crime of Passion. Unplanned...hasty and sloppy.

3. Announcing what will happen...via phone call, message, statements to others, etc.

4. Acting too quickly so it is obvious who the main suspect would be. Patience is sometimes necessary...or so it would seem based on investigating these things.

5. Conscience. In other words...misplaced guilt over having taken care of business...mostly because the actor never came to terms with the acceptability...by him only...of his actions.

Dark things I suppose, but no more can be elaborated on. The old shoot-shovel-shutup is true...but think everything through beforehand like a Spec Ops people would plan an Op. That way any event you might be considering will be in the 64%.

There may be more to this...but that is all that will be said...at least by me.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    I do not think that the feds got any convictions for the murders due to the available jury pool.
    Trivia: This was the inspiration for "Mississippi Burning". Feds got seven convictions on Civil Rights violations a few years later. They got one on manslaughter finally in 2005.
    Last edited by Sam Spade; 02-18-2021 at 11:16 PM.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

What's really interesting about the Skidmore case is that by most standards, things were done very badly. Multiple shooters. Dozens and dozens of witnesses. By some accounts, additional people involved after the fact to disappear the guns. And so forth.

But that social cohesiveness sure did cure a lot of ills, on this one, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunstore Commando View Post
    What's really interesting about the Skidmore case is that by most standards, things were done very badly. Multiple shooters. Dozens and dozens of witnesses. By some accounts, additional people involved after the fact to disappear the guns. And so forth.

But that social cohesiveness sure did cure a lot of ills, on this one, anyway.
    "It takes a village...."
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

There may be more to this...but that is all that will be said...at least by me.
    Any books you would recommend?
    I was born for a storm, and a calm does not suit me. - Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Any books you would recommend?
    None that I know of
    Gabriel Suarez

None that I know of
    School of hard knocks...you earned that degree.
    I was born for a storm, and a calm does not suit me. - Andrew Jackson

Generally people that have sailed those waters do not write or tell anyone about their travels...for obvious reasons.
    Gabriel Suarez

The Great Unofficial Seal of Madison County Arkansas482ebf36458d5bbdf7b009174257dd99_1080x.jpg
    I don't know about now but that was very true up to about 20years ago.
    If anyone wants to do their own research I'd suggest keywords: Arkancide, Sheriff Ralph Baker, Murder in Madison County Arkansas, Johnny Mack and his book "When Money Grew On Trees."

Just saying.