Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default "No One Saw A Thing" a case study in The Outlaw Mindset

No One Saw A Thing is a series available on Amazon, about an unsolved episode of vigilante justice in Skidmore, MO.

Basically, the entire town conspired to kill a local bad guy. They gunned him down on main street in broad daylight in 1981. Nobody talked, even to this day, and the murder remains unsolved.

It occurred to me while watching the show, that this type of scenario may start playing out all over the country more regularly.... for political purposes, or maybe for other reasons. In any case, I thought it would be a good case study for the tribe, since the question of "how to" has arisen again recently.
    Last edited by H60DoorGunner; 01-14-2021 at 06:06 PM.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

Thank you for posting this.
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll')
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School

The title of the book is,"In Broad Daylight" Mac Elroy was his name if I remember right, been awhile. I lived about a hour and a half from there. He had a good lawyer that got him out of a lot of bad things. Didn't help him in the end.

Got it added to my watch list.

Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hey.. Why not join the Army? It's free!!

Just bought the book...

I don't know that I would put all my eggs in that basket. Also consider that just the other day an 18 year old girl turn in a bunch of her family to the cops because her family was at the capital protest.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

In 1981 there weren’t cameras everywhere no 1000’s of people with cell phones waitigg Bag to film the next viral video clip.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    I don't know that I would put all my eggs in that basket. Also consider that just the other day an 18 year old girl turn in a bunch of her family to the cops because her family was at the capital protest.
    Thanks for pointing out the obvious. There are more factors to the mindset than simple silence. But, there is quite a bit more to be found in this series than just that. Maybe watch it and do your own analysis.

Nonetheless, silence and a lack of witnesses are the biggest factor in getting away with something or not. "Concealed is concealed" extends quite a bit farther than people typically think about on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasher View Post
    In 1981 there weren’t cameras everywhere no 1000’s of people with cell phones waitigg Bag to film the next viral video clip.
    Maybe thats a big part of the lesson here. I dunno... give it some thought.

On the other hand, for those of you not familiar with this one, there were a *lot* of witnesses and *no* *one* ever talked. Even though law enforcement, which couldn't be bothered to deal with the bad guy, put quite a lot of effort into finding the shooters.

Which, I suspect, is one of H60Doorgunner's points...