Default Cantharone to treat a IPK

Aplogies if this is the wrong section but seemed closest

I have an IPK ( a rock hard callus on bottom of foot) the thing is the size of a dime and on the ball of the foot just behind the middle toe. Had it for years, every year or 18 months the foot doc would gently shave it down with a scalpel and carefully pick the 'pit' out.

It's come back with a vengeance this time. I mean it hurts like a !@#$. The new foot doc at the practice is suggesting I consider 'Cantharone' , essentially a blister agent. Paint this stuff on, large blister forms. As blister heals and falls off so does the rock hard callus. Seems this will lengthen the time before it needs to be done again and will lessen the change it comes back even bigger.

Anyone ever hear of this?

Never heard of it, but the Wikipedia page is amusing.

Sounds like you shouldn't ingest it.

After reading up on IPK a very little bit, it sounds like you should find out *why* it keeps coming back and whether this will be a "root cause" fix, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyOblivion View Post
    Never heard of it, but the Wikipedia page is amusing.

Sounds like you shouldn't ingest it.

After reading up on IPK a very little bit, it sounds like you should find out *why* it keeps coming back and whether this will be a "root cause" fix, or not.
    the why is I broke my middle toe back in my ultra running days - would not be an easy surgical fix for the toe