Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New scope

A little more to add to the review as I was able to see through the optic on a day with actual sunshine present. As compared to the IOR, the view is brighter, and the colors are natural, without enhancement of certain wavelengths. The IOR was able to resolve details better, but the view was darker. You have to consider a 42mm objective with a 30 mm main tube vs. a 50 mm objective with a 34mm main tube. The detail resolution factor is quite simple, Schott glass is the best. Another interesting thing is the focus knob has a quirk that I actually like. Most of the focus knob is used up in the 25-300yd range, not leaving a lot of room to infinity, but the knob is smooth and the resistance just right to make small parallax adjustments very easy to do. In the turret and mechanical dept, the Arken wins hands down. Another factor is that after bore sighting I still have 83 moa of elevation left in the tube, which leaves both the Valdada and the vortex in the dust. As to the PST, I would rate the Arken glass slightly better, although it is a very subjective thing. Mechanically, once again, the Arken rules. The comparisons to the Razor, maybe in the mechanical dept., but the Razor glass is far better, but it cost 3x plus more. Now if the Arken had Schott glass? One could only wish. My final impressions, this is a really good scope, period. The fact that it was under $600 is icing on the cake. 1000yds plus, no problem, even without a 20moa base. Honestly, I wanted to find out something bad about this scope, but I just really cannot. Maybe it will break, and I will be sure to let you know, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

One negative I find is that you only have around 12 moa windage in each direction. In a fv wind of 20mph plus I will have to be within 700 yds to hit the target using the windage alone. The reticle gives you enough to get out past a grand, but I have a hard time keeping the rifle square hanging that close to the edge. I guess that is what the acd is for, but I just have trouble with it. Guess that means I have to practice more.