Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Well, this is another example of what you get when the non-shooters in marketing design your products. A sight for a range toy.
    Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.

Gunsite Orange, API -250 Sept. 1978 (Everybody starts somewhere)
    CRG - July 2011, Oct. 2017
    PSP - April 2012
    TMCO - Sept. 2012
    TWOTU since 2011

Glock Certified Armorer

Not only does this thing look goofy, it doesn't make good sense economically. Manufacturing different housings for each different pistol - so far, only for Glock and S&W M&P - cannot be a viable strategy. Certainly, there is no way to fit these onto anything with an external hammer.
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9

I thought it was a joke at first, wow, no way.
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostRidder View Post
    I had the same reaction.
    Me too. I still think it is a joke!

I had to double check that it wasn't April 1 somehow.

If this is real, it's just more proof that Leupold's decision makers must be out of touch old guys who don't shoot or have any idea what kind of optics the market wants. I like my Leupold scopes, but as a company they've made some pretty strange choices in the last few years.

On the other hand, check out the new Vulcan reticle from Holosun on their 507c red dot. I've only been shooting it a few days, but really like what I'm seeing and I suspect the large circle on this reticle will speed up the learning curve a bit for newer shooters, and be an advantage in awkward positions for those of us who've been using dots for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Yondering View Post
    I had to double check that it wasn't April 1 somehow.

On the other hand, check out the new Vulcan reticle from Holosun on their 507c red dot.
    That's an actual innovation and very usefull for a pistol RDS.
    I think it will be shamelessly copied by other manufacturers which is funny on several levels.

The Leupold unites the disadvantages of iron sights with those of an RDS.

Pretty sure it’s a joke. I think somebody is having a little fun with us.
    - I am not in danger. I AM the danger.

- Keep your rifle by your side.

Trying to be objective. Kudos to leupold for trying to build a better mouse trap. I recognize that the battery and electronics need to go somewhere. The execution of the battery hanging off of the back of the gun however appears poorly done.

If they were able to add some of the electronics to the body and turn the battery perpendicular to the slide it might work a little better. They could consider making the rear plate integrated into the design. Of course they would then need different models or adaptors for each brand but it appears they are already doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by MesserMan View Post
    Pretty sure it’s a joke. I think somebody is having a little fun with us.
    No, it appears on their website, which suggests it's the real thing (really, just means it's less likely to be a joke).

This thing seems to miss the point of a decent-size viewing window that's elevated a bit above the level of the iron sights. This just turns the dot into a ghost ring, which defeats the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntindoc View Post
    Trying to be objective. Kudos to leupold for trying to build a better mouse trap. I recognize that the battery and electronics need to go somewhere. The execution of the battery hanging off of the back of the gun however appears poorly done.

If they were able to add some of the electronics to the body and turn the battery perpendicular to the slide it might work a little better. They could consider making the rear plate integrated into the design. Of course they would then need different models or adaptors for each brand but it appears they are already doing that.
    Thought about this my guess is it's way easier to make a glock slide profile and spacers for P2/3XX, M&P etc and have the battery on the side - lower inventory tie up than a different forged body for every gun.
    My guess is this is the capture the I want a RMR on my duty glock but don't want to pay for another slide to be milled market segment. Willing to guess that a ALS/SLS hood just clears this by a hair. What they were going for was don't ask them to change their holster but try our $5XX not quite full RMR.
    GFT.

Try to replace hardware with technique. Technique is free, lightweight, and cannot be lost.
    RGF- Greg Nichols-Milton, WI

If only Trijicon, Leupold and the like didn't insist on being total morons and making dumb useless stuff instead of listening to people that know what they are talking about.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015