Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    254.3 I have officially lost 30 pounds so far. I am 10 pounds from my half way point. This is not to degrade where I have come from, but just looking at the next goal.

Had the second covid shot Sunday and man Monday it nocked me on my butt. Good to go today.
    Common sense is not a common virtue!

Great fracking job!! Keep the goal in sight and keep driving forward.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Thanks Brent!

Saturday dropped to 251.7. Went out to dinner for my birthday. I had a Freemont 11th anniversary, split with the wife and two other hazy IPAs. For dinner seafood alfredo, which I ate a little more than a third and stopped. I then had a chocolate lava cake that came with a scoop of vanilla. Next day I was surprised to have only gained 3 ounces. I had my left over dinner for lunch and the next day bounced up to 254.6.

Today I am down to #252.4 hoping for #250 Saturday.

Concern I have is Saturday night we are supposed to go to my parents for another birthday dinner. She is making home made macaroni and cheese, The rest is salad. My normal dinner meal is 580cal, which is about what 1 cup of macaroni is. If I skip my 3 scoops of protean shake of 241cals, it should balance out for one day.

I know I should look at it as one night back on the plan, but tired of loosing a week for a back slide. I want to hit my goal of my halfway mark shortly.

Thank you for bearing with me on my posts as I get my thoughts out.

Martin

Just read through this thread and also wanted to encourage you to keep pushing towards your goal. Since I retired, I've packed on some gut weight myself...Too much beer ....you've helped focus me on I need to start getting back into it also... Best to you

Quote Originally Posted by RedLeg0811 View Post
    Saturday dropped to 251.7. Went out to dinner for my birthday. I had a Freemont 11th anniversary, split with the wife and two other hazy IPAs. For dinner seafood alfredo, which I ate a little more than a third and stopped. I then had a chocolate lava cake that came with a scoop of vanilla. Next day I was surprised to have only gained 3 ounces. I had my left over dinner for lunch and the next day bounced up to 254.6.

Today I am down to #252.4 hoping for #250 Saturday.

Concern I have is Saturday night we are supposed to go to my parents for another birthday dinner. She is making home made macaroni and cheese, The rest is salad. My normal dinner meal is 580cal, which is about what 1 cup of macaroni is. If I skip my 3 scoops of protean shake of 241cals, it should balance out for one day.

I know I should look at it as one night back on the plan, but tired of loosing a week for a back slide. I want to hit my goal of my halfway mark shortly.

Thank you for bearing with me on my posts as I get my thoughts out.

Martin
    Congrats and good job on the self discipline you exercised at dinner - also happy bday!

You know your limits and boundaries, so if another dinner that will set you back a week is a no-go, stick to your guns. There is a line between "enjoying things occasionally" and "falling back into old habits" and only you know where that lies for yourself.

Glad I could inspire you Dave.

Apamburn, You are so right about "Enjoying things Occasionally" vs "falling back into old habits". I don't want to fall back into the old habits. I already feel a lot better by just loosing the 30#. Pants I stopped wearing fit. Good thing I have another allotment of uniform pants this year as my current ones would fall off without a belt. I also saw it is time to put a new hole in my belt. I know I will feel even better once I loose the 50#.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLeg0811 View Post
    Glad I could inspire you Dave.

Apamburn, You are so right about "Enjoying things Occasionally" vs "falling back into old habits". I don't want to fall back into the old habits. I already feel a lot better by just loosing the 30#. Pants I stopped wearing fit. Good thing I have another allotment of uniform pants this year as my current ones would fall off without a belt. I also saw it is time to put a new hole in my belt. I know I will feel even better once I loose the 50#.
    Hell yeah. I will echo what others have said. Keep pushing forward and don't get discouraged it'll just get easier and easier. Great work!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Monday Check in 251.1

Another steroid shot in the back this Thursday. Hopefully I will get the flextime approve for next week, that was owed to me from Dec. I was supposed to be off for a week after that, but ended up working 15 hour days and no down time until Christmas, then back to it.

Monday check in. 248.1