Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by KenRH View Post
    Coincidence?
    No coincidence. I wanted some unfiltered feedback and didn't want to turn this into some kind of flame war with fans and haters of the flannel daddy.

They had a sale going on these when I posted and I wanted some quick feedback from the WT crowd. I hope no one thought I asked because of Sunday Gundays video. He really didnt enhance his perceived knowledge by putting a drum mag up in it. GT has a lot of followers and he seems to be spot on with most things but anything anyone says on Youtube is taken with a grain of salt by me.

My chief concerns are mag retention and transitioning to off-shoulder shooting since if you have to switch then the bandolier is on that side and its just something else the butt of the rifle has to clear up and over or around.

When the shotgun was my grab and go bedroom artillery I bought one of those Fudd shotgun ammo belts and loaded it half and half with buck shot and slugs for slinging over the shoulder bandito style. Yeah Im sure there are better solutions but this was years ago before all the vests and molle gear etc.

It looks interesting and shows promise. Sadly the sale is off and 80% of reg price was where I saw value here. The way its designed with the strap at the base of the mags rather than in the middle looks like it would keep it from twisting when drawing a mag which would happen if you just slung your war belt over your head. I suppose using a war belt as designed would do but the idea of throwing this over your head rather than buckling a belt under stress half asleep in the dark seems like a plus. It also has a zero chance of ending up around your ankles unlike the war belt.

I already have a bag that's sort of set up like a sneaky bag but it would be cumbersome inside the house flopping around and over kill when all you want is an extra mag or two handy.

7M3

I forgot to add, my other issue with shoulder bags is any bag with any weight in it slung over the shoulder will swing down under your neck when you bend forward/down unless its secured with another strap to your belt/waist. This drives me nuts with my briefcase when I have to carry extra stuff and my hands aren't free (read: has a rifle in one hand and perhaps a family member occupying the other upper body appendage).

7M3

If all one wanted was to have another mag or two on their person for a bump in the night situation, why not just throw a magpul D60 drum in the AR pistol. I think these situations are over analyzed at times and brings out the gear whore in all of us. If you’re checking out the noise you heard in the back yard after dark, my AR pistol with d60 and surefire mini scout will handle anything short of a hit team from the cartel. And if I’m being proactive, it will be the battle belt, which, I can assure you is not an issue to put on just waking up in the dark. If you can clap your hands you can don a belt. I am referring to a cobra buckle here, which is as simple as it gets. My battle belt is stored with loaded mags. And I’ve owned my belt since 2012 and I’ve never had it fall around my ankles. To each their own but I don’t think it’s necessary to have a specific set of kit for every possible situation. But kit that will cover as wide of a spectrum of problems is ideal.

I use this small bag I got from Galls called the U.S peacekeepers rapid deployment pack or something like that.. Anyway it's a small shoulder bag worn cross body that holds 4 ar mags, 2 pistol mags, a small Ifak, couple smokes and some other goodies I can even put my g19 in there either as a back up or to arm a friend or family member. Overkill? Maybe but I can move around the house with it easily and its small enough to toss in the truck if we ever have to go through areas of "social justice peaceful protests" which is its original purpose since we were close to ground zero when the George Floyd nonsense kicked off... But I'm gonna be honest if the rabble are gonna try and start a party in my neighborhood I'm dawning my LBE (which is already loaded and staged) and passing the bag to either a family member or friend.. If they refuse? Fuck'em more ammo for me...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I like this Eagle LEO chest rig and GI Bandoleer. Both fit easy in a day pack. I have ammo, IFAK, knife, flashlight, multi-tool, and more ammo. I have very similar setups for the car and the bedroom and another one for the M&P-10.

Digital Loadout.jpg

I see one problem with it already. If you had to run the rifle off the opposite shoulder, say while taking a corner, the Invert looks like it would be in the way. Other than that, it looks fast for sure. Still, itís just as quick to roll out of bed and snap a belt around your waist as it is to throw a bandoleer over your shoulder, and the belt will hold more things than just ammo, with the added virtue of NOT impeding your opposite shoulder.

It looks cool, but I think a belt or a bag is still a more practical option, and just as fast.
    - I am not in danger. I AM the danger.

- Keep your rifle by your side.