Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacti Rat View Post
    How does it work out for you when running.
    I would ask. Does it matter?

We are talking bump in the night gear vs go to war gear.

How far would someone need to run in a house? My place is huge and I can’t see more than 40-60’ and even that would be a stretch.

As I am reading it we are working through how to have the bare minimums you need to have a fight in your own home turf.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cacti Rat View Post
    How does it work out for you when running.
    Just got it on Monday, maybe Iíll take it for a quick sprint.
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017
    0-5 Feet: October 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Hasher View Post
    I would ask. Does it matter?
    Yup.

Bump in the night is a one case scenario. I prefer your term "home turf". So, let's call it a home turf ready bag. That creates an almost limitless scenario of possibilities.

How far would someone need to run in a house? My place is huge and I can’t see more than 40-60’ and even that would be a stretch.
    My home turf isn't restricted to the house. Family members can be anywhere on the property; the ability to run with gear matters.

As I am reading it we are working through how to have the bare minimums you need to have a fight in your own home turf.
    Again, my home turf is the property and my family will be spread out all over the place during non bed-time hours. Going offensive to protect family is to be expected if the situation dictates.
    My comment wasn't trying to be dismissive of the post or the author. It was a simple one sentence question, meant to reflect that a ready bag is more than a storage device. I agree, it shouldn't be a battle load out, but it shouldn't work against you if you have to run to the protect loved ones from violence.
    Last edited by Cacti Rat; 12-02-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_k View Post
    Just got it on Monday, maybe I’ll take it for a quick sprint.
    One thing you might consider as well. All the college kids use these bags for their book bags. Slap some Peace and Love stickers and buttons on it and you'll be able to leave it in the car without your window being punched out and your shit stolen.

I own one. It has never been on a run. It's job is to stay in the bottom drawer of my night stand. In the event of a "bump in the night," if I can only grab one item, it'll be the AR pistol. If time permits to grab a second item, the INVRT gives me ammo and a small stop the bleed kit.

I have other chest rigs and backpacks for other environments (truck, trunk, etc.).

Retention on the mag pouches is good. Around the house in an (sub)urban environment it's fine. Low crawls through brush, who knows. Don't care. Not my AO.

It serves a particular purpose for me. If that sounds similar to your purpose, it might be worth a look.

It would depend on the scope of what is being done. This day and age Antifa has invaded safe to them neighborhoods and keeps talking about going into conservative places to cause trouble. This sort of stuff could totally be what is on hand to respond to the jack wagons a block over or something. Some things will be more optimal and some things less so. I could totally set up my shoot me first 5.11 vest that I got before I knew better for this sort of quick response if I needed too.

The scope of things is growing beyond responding only to what might be in and around the house.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

If the muppet brigade stars coming to other neighborhoods it likely won’t be any of ours first. I think they will do it in places where they can get tons of media coverage and the local PD won’t try and stop them.

If that comes to las then we will all have time to set up our rigs for that and stage accordingly. If not then my Sneaky Bag will just have to flip a tad bit.

It would take me enough time to grab my armor and then toss a chest rig on over it and put on the battle belt and fill it with preloaded mags and crap a FAL out of the safe.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    The advantage the INVRT has over a simple sling is that if you buckle the second strap it stays in place really well and doesn't move.
    Donít disagree at all. This was something make-shift so to speak, as locally other options were not readily available.

Iím always willing to learn/upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasher View Post
    A guy I used to shoot with used to talk about a "tactical bathrobe"--basically a bog standard bathrobe with pockets set up to hold a pistol, a spare magazine or two, a flashlight, and maybe a cellphone. And no, he wasn't being serious about the "tactical" part.

Not ideal for running and gunning, but you put on one thing and everything you need is there.

And it looks a LOT more innocuous and less indecent when you're standing on your front lawn in your bathrobe compared to your tighty whities and a bandoleer. If you live in a built up area that is.

bathrobe.jpg

Just add Kevlar.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20