Thread: KWTL

Default KWTL

Just home from Killing Within The Law and the course was everything I hoped it would be. I feel much
    better prepared to handle myself appropriately if I’m ever talking to authorities post shooting the bad guy. Especially in the new reality of America, you need this training if you want to go home that night and “get back to normal” as soon as possible.
    Fuck Sniffy and Blowy. Never my president

Quote Originally Posted by AFSOCCRNA View Post
    Just home from Killing Within The Law and the course was everything I hoped it would be. I feel much
    better prepared to handle myself appropriately if I’m ever talking to authorities post shooting the bad guy. Especially in the new reality of America, you need this training if you want to go home that night and “get back to normal” as soon as possible.
    Yes, this is a unique and exceptional course of instruction. I am sorry that I missed it this time. Worth taking this more than once.
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll')
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School

(Demystifying) Killing Within The Law

This is the first class my wife and I took with SI, and the reality lived up to the title. We now have the necessary information and confidence to interact with everyone after an incident starting from the first 911 call, right up to the DA.

The material was presented in a clear, engaging manner. It's an entirely different experience to read the concepts on the SI forums vs actively discussing them in a small group with like minded individuals.

The class last weekend was the third time I have taken this class. The first time I took it it was excellent, but each subsequent time it improved substantially.

For those unfamiliar, the class focuses on use of the Suarez flowchart to both make the go/no go decision to shoot and interact with law enforcement in the aftermath of a shooting. What I found most valuable was the extensive drills that Gabe used that made the class practice formulating micro-statements based on various scenarios drawn from real life incidents. Almost one whole day of the class was devoted to this practice. The difference in everybody’s skill by the end of day two was truly dramatic.

I recommend this class unreservedly to all members of the Tribe. I have also found Gabe’s comments on micro-statements on Warrior Talk very valuable, along with extensive, detailed, and wise advice from Jonathan Nobody.

I’ll tell you what I learned from KWTL last weekend... under no circumstances should you go to the Dry Gulch. Apparently people get shot there on a regular basis

On a serious note, my second time through KWTL and my wife’s first. She was grateful for the ‘demystification’ of what happens after a shooting. I picked up some things this time that I didn’t last time.

Great group, thanks to all for a great experience.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf2 View Post
    Almost one whole day of the class was devoted to this practice. The difference in everybody’s skill by the end of day two was truly dramatic.

Definitely agree there. For me the first one was the most challenging. As we did more, it got noticeably easier. It helped to having a good mix of students and listening to each of their responses too.

And I was going to comment about Dry Gulch too...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar01 View Post
    And I was going to comment about Dry Gulch too...lol
    It's a shooting gallery!!!

Thanks to all my fellow students for a weekend well spent.

No one on this forum denies the importance of marksmanship. The purpose of this class is so much more important to your way of life. A small group of classmates from six states, including three married couples, seemed to think so.

Yes, we learned why the gun community experts and the CCW insurance-selling attorneys are wrong in their admonishments to "say nothing to the police". This class was far more than just a lecture.

We learned both the "why" and the "how" to interact with law enforcement after the fight. Real-life scenarios were presented, then each classmate demonstrated their understanding of the lessons learned by how they would communicate and articulate their actions to law enforcement personnel. We continued with many more scenarios to reinforce our skills.

This subject matter was new to some of our classmates. It was interesting to watch them grow, intellectually.

So, the next time this vitally important class appears on the schedule, do yourself a favor and sign up to learn these important lessons.
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9