Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This thread is simply outstanding on so many levels because it embodies hard-earned street smarts, Musashi, "Left Of Bang," pattern recognition, and of course, my favorite "dark arts" stuff between the lines. Pure gold, gents!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    These too are dark arts I suppose. Like many of the things we learned in those days, few seem to care about them. But the notion that you have won the gunfight the moment you arrive on scene...before anyone else knows for certain that there will even be a gunfight...that is a deep thing. Combine that with the ability to focus 100% at that moment and for that purpose, to the exclusion of everything else in the world...its almost magic.
    This is so true. In my one and only shooting--I won't call it a gunfight because I did the shooting, he "only" had a knife---I knew milliseconds before breaching the door that things were going "bad". No idea how I knew, but I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt, and I also knew I would prevail. I have no idea how to explain it, and I've pondered it for years afterward with no explanation. It truly is a "knowing" without knowing why or how. Very interesting things to think on over 20 years later, and I still have no explanation for how I knew what I knew.
    **Mike Ronin on FaceBook**

**Spero optimus instruo pro pessimus**

**Out of destruction rises opportunity. We are only defeated when we give up. Never, ever give up. (Phil 4:13)**