Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Saps, anyone use one. Have pictures of your carry sap.

Anyone ever put someone to sleep or used successfully against an active opponent. Can you share a picture of your favorite sap. Doing some research.
    I am in a sunny place full of shady people

I used them extensively back in the day. It is an ambush weapon and has little "defensive" uses. In truth...today, hitting somebody with a sap or a stick is often considered a deadly force issue, so there is IMHO, no modern application for these things. Maybe not even in the LE world.

What do I use for less than lethal? Other than occasionally carry an ASP defender (with OC Spray), I rely on physical strength and martial skill, and the ability to preempt the fight. Don't have strength or skill? Sorry...can't help with that.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Carry a sap and you are going to end up in more trouble than it's worth in most jurisdictions. I wouldn't even mess with them. I often carry and ASP -- if I feel the situation warrants it. Other than that, extreme pre-emptive violence is my best weapon.

Recently used one to end an inmate attack on a jailer. I pulled the blow a bit, he only needed five staples to close the head wound I gave. Fight was over instantly. Now there is a policy against me carrying my sap. I just ignore the policy.

Quote Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
    Recently used one to end an inmate attack on a jailer. I pulled the blow a bit, he only needed five staples to close the head wound I gave. Fight was over instantly. Now there is a policy against me carrying my sap. I just ignore the policy.

Yeah...I used one IN UNIFORM. There is a great deal you can get away with there. For a retired LE or private citizen, I suggest staying away from them.
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Yeah...I used one IN UNIFORM. There is a great deal you can get away with there. For a retired LE or private citizen, I suggest staying away from them.
    I researched heavily prior to my purchase. Still legal here in Missouri for law enforcement, on or off duty, and even retired. Just a useful tool in my box.

whatever. moving on
    Gabriel Suarez

I have a few and also used them back in the day, but they are relegated to safe duty now for the reasons Gabe mentions above. In their realm, there is nothing better, but today it will likely earn you a felony charge in most places.
    **Mike Ronin on FaceBook**

**Spero optimus instruo pro pessimus**

**Out of destruction rises opportunity. We are only defeated when we give up. Never, ever give up. (Phil 4:13)**

I am guessing this goes on the same list as brass knuckles.

It was common and likely still is for some to wear a big ring or two that maybe legal or not.

But I still have that spiked metal ball point pin that I purchased from SI.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

A cable style gun lock is legal to have most everywhere. Using it may bring problems, or solve them.
    I always have my primary weapon; it's right between my ears.