Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default concealable plastic or rubber knife trainer w/ sheath I can use on the mat?

I've seen footage of people in the dojo or doing FOF where they use a plastic or rubber trainer with sheath for their weak side along with CCW. I've tried searching for those, but all I can find are solo rubber training knives, or metal trainers to pair with the the knife they're modeled after.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, or are those trainers with sheath custom/improvised for those individuals?

Dom Raso has a good one at Dynamisalliance.com

Here is one of them:

https://dynamisalliance.com/equip/dy...rainer-bundle/
    Last edited by Chaos; 10-27-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Is there anything that isn't metal though?

There are many out there...where the problem lies is finding ones that come with matching sheaths. Century sales them (knives) as do many others, but sheathes are another question.

Happy Google'ing....

Press out a quick sheath from kydex using your own baking oven a couple of boards and some anti fatigue mat . sand the edges and smooth rivet together.

form your own knife by buying and shaping a piece of G-10 , round all edges, including the pommel.

A sheath doesnt have to be pretty on the mats, it just needs to not injure yourself or an opponent

in a pinch, folded over cardboard and duct tape will work just as well to form a sheath (training and NPE areas)

sanding and shaping a trainer will go a long way to helping you decide what your best tool is.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

I don't have a sheath solution but I like to use the Sharkee trainers. I use the smaller ones that mimic a Spyderco Endura.

The easiest solution is to forget the mat.

If this is for a class your instructor would probably have a list of trainers he recommends, or just be able to tell you what he uses.

You can use the totally safe (and mat safe) rubber trainers while training on a mat, but then use a more realistic trainer for training outdoors such as on grass, concrete, or asphalt where you don't have to worry about the mat.
    "Why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away. An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as the king can." Benjamin Martin, The Patriot

How about buying a cheap cutting board and using a jig saw to cut the shape you want (Ive done this with wood) then sand it down and use the cordura sheath that comes with AA maglights. Just flip the belt loop over and it become an IWB sheath for a thin blade.

FYI the flipped over belt loop sheath also works also for a CIA letter opener, if you need to be discreet in opening you mail lol.

7M3

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Mary 3 View Post
    How about buying a cheap cutting board and using a jig saw to cut the shape you want (Ive done this with wood) then sand it down and use the cordura sheath that comes with AA maglights. Just flip the belt loop over and it become an IWB sheath for a thin blade.

FYI the flipped over belt loop sheath also works also for a CIA letter opener, if you need to be discreet in opening you mail lol.

7M3
    I have also used the AA Maglite sheath with a closed bottom as a Kubotan carrier.

Benchmade has the SOCP knife that you can get with a trainer. Dagger, sheath and knife are on Amazon for about $130.