Default FINALLY got ahold of a Law Tactical folder!

I’ve been looking for one of these forever, so I could finally turn my .300 into a proper bag PDR. After a little over a year of seeing nothing but “out of stock” notices every week at every retailer that sells these things, I did a double take when I saw “In Stock” at Brownells. I think I broke my fingers placing my order. Lol. It arrived today, and after about 20 minutes to carefully install it and perform function checks, my .300 can now be accessed much quicker than before from the bag it resides in (along with a smaller bag loaded with a few mags and some basic medical stuff). Before, I simply kept it in two halves in the bag, which obviously isn’t a great solution for a weapon that will need to be accessed relatively quickly. But with the Law, it’s just “open bag, grab grip, rip open brace, and rack charging handle.” Now I just need to perform some live fire function checks to make sure it’s reliable... a painful, but necessary evil in a time when more 300 BLK can’t be found at any price. Oof.

1793F363-5216-4FBC-82CB-50086D9F74B8.jpg7A03EF53-C54F-4AB0-8B02-93FF631E835C.jpg0A751819-2B5E-4FD9-8772-84E9898FE0A1.jpgA0A4643D-19F2-43EB-8A13-61EADBD151B1.jpg
    Last edited by MesserMan; 10-26-2020 at 04:16 PM.
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- Keep your rifle by your side.

Nice find!
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017
    0-5 Feet: October 2018

Quote Originally Posted by MesserMan View Post
    I’ve been looking for one of these forever, so I could finally turn my .300 into a proper bag PDR. After a little over a year of seeing nothing but “out of stock” notices every week at every retailer that sells these things, I did a double take when I saw “In Stock” at Brownells. I think I broke my fingers placing my order. Lol. It arrived today, and after about 20 minutes to carefully install it and perform function checks, my .300 can now be accessed much quicker than before from the bag it resides in (along with a smaller bag loaded with a few mags and some basic medical stuff). Before, I simply kept it in two halves in the bag, which obviously isn’t a great solution for a weapon that will need to be accessed relatively quickly. But with the Law, it’s just “open bag, grab grip, rip open brace, and rack charging handle.” Now I just need to perform some live fire function checks to make sure it’s reliable... a painful, but necessary evil in a time when more 300 BLK can’t be found at any price. Oof.

1793F363-5216-4FBC-82CB-50086D9F74B8.jpg7A03EF53-C54F-4AB0-8B02-93FF631E835C.jpg0A751819-2B5E-4FD9-8772-84E9898FE0A1.jpgA0A4643D-19F2-43EB-8A13-61EADBD151B1.jpg
    Great set up
    Fuck Sniffy and Blowy. Never my president

.300 BLK. Prices suck, but in stock.

https://www.wikiarms.com/group/300blk

Human beings aren’t the top of the food chain because we’re just so clever. We’re there because deep inside we are the most homicidal animal on the planet, and sometimes that animal isn’t buried all that deep.

"Last edited by Boetman; 10-21-2015 at 01:54 PM. Reason: confuckulated "

The only warning I will give you is that occasionally,when firing, my mustache hairs will get pinched in the law folder. It's worse then when my beard gets caught in certain stocks.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    Abortion is sacrificing your child on the alter of convenience....Adrian Rogers
    Soli Deo Gloria

Quote Originally Posted by Jesuvuah View Post
    The only warning I will give you is that occasionally,when firing, my mustache hairs will get pinched in the law folder. It's worse then when my beard gets caught in certain stocks.

Heh, good thing I’m clean shaven. That sounds unpleasant. Rofl!

Sgt. Psycho, many thanks for that link.
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Jesuvuah View Post

Moving away from the "nose to charging handle" shooting style should prevent that. YMMV of course.

On a related but different note, I'd really like to find another of the original (gen 2 actually) LAW folders that were made of aluminum, and were only about 4 oz instead of 10. If anyone has one and wants to upgrade to the later version let me know. I don't have any need to fire it in the folded position and don't need the additional weight they added to strengthen it for that purpose.

Keep in mind the BCG plug adds about an ounce, and is like going up a buffer weight. So make sure you still get lockback on your mags.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend
    Pistol Ground Fighting

TWOTU since 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Brightlightman View Post
    Keep in mind the BCG plug adds about an ounce, and is like going up a buffer weight. So make sure you still get lockback on your mags.
    I hadn’t considered that. So it has the same effect as going from an H1 to an H2, or an H2 to an H3?

Quote Originally Posted by MesserMan View Post
    I hadn’t considered that. So it has the same effect as going from an H1 to an H2, or an H2 to an H3?
    Yes.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend
    Pistol Ground Fighting

TWOTU since 2016