Default SBPD Officer shows how it is done.

A San Bernadino officer with HTH skills takes down a physically bigger suspect, then creates distance and employs his firearm when he realizes the perp has accessed a pistol.

https://twitter.com/SanBernardinoPD/...86790626750465

Human beings arenít the top of the food chain because weíre just so clever. Weíre there because deep inside we are the most homicidal animal on the planet, and sometimes that animal isnít buried all that deep.

"Last edited by Boetman; 10-21-2015 at 01:54 PM. Reason: confuckulated "

They are trained by Lasd..... A good department still, only place I wanted to be....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Nicely done.

Don't read the comments.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Fine job! I commend him for doing what needed to be done. Hopefully, more will do the same in the future....

FYI, Twitter link didn't work for me (but maybe because I'm not on Twitter).

I found the video elsewhere, though (easy to search), and I have to wonder: Why did the officer, when rolling solo, try to take this massive dude to the ground? Yeah, he went in decisively, good technique, etc., but that guy was enormous and reported to be armed.

OTOH, I'm not sure how else this would have gone down, since big dude was going into the store, and officer reportedly wanted to prevent him from hurting people in the store. Good goal, but this seems like it could easily have gone the other way.

Then again, officer took the big dude's back, had good ground technique, and knew when to disengage and go hot. All things considered, he probably handled the best way it could have been handled (including going for his gun early on, when making the initial contact). Also, anyone else hear the BG's hammer fall? I think he was carrying empty chamber and clacked one off as he pulled his pistol from his shorts pocket, that or had a FTF on the way out.

As I think about it, I wonder if I'm armchair quarterbacking too much. Just trying to figure out how to minimize the danger here, I guess, but some situations simply are more dangerous than others and must be handled assertively and decisively.

Quote Originally Posted by Faramir2 View Post
    Also, anyone else hear the BG's hammer fall? I think he was carrying empty chamber and clacked one off as he pulled his pistol from his shorts pocket, that or had a FTF on the way out.
    I thought it was the sound drawing from a kydex holster first, but you might be right.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I thought it was the sound drawing from a kydex holster first, but you might be right.
    I wondered the same thing and watched it a couple times. I noticed the clack sound didn't happen until after the pistol was clear of the BG's pocket, which tells me it wasn't holster but poor trigger discipline. Couldn't quite tell what sort of pistol it was, from the video I found, though.

Kudos to that fine officer. Itís about time I saw an uplifting video clip of a cop getting it done.

I bet that cold one he had at the end of his shift was really, really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hey.. Why not join the Army? It's free!!

Great job officer!
    beware of the man who shoots one gun.