Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P230 vs. P232

Default P230 vs. P232

I know of the physical differences- grips, serrations, trigger safety, etc. I've also read that the P232 has a better trigger and feeds more reliably. But I'd like to hear from those who've owned/shot both what you've found to be the operational/functional differences between the two.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

I would like to find one of these again...either one. Ten times the weapon the silly 938 is.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

232 is the better, but either one with the right ammo will run no problem, great carry pieces
    All animals except man know that the ultimate of life is to enjoy it.

Samuel Butler

FACIEM TUAM, DOMINC, REQUIRAM

My oldest p230 was a fine piece that I carried for more than 20 years. Never had a single malfunction in the few hundred rounds I put through it (carried a lot more than shot.) But I found it large in comparison to today's offerings, lacking in magazine capacity, snappy in recoil because of the fixed barrel, and in a weaker caliber than I now prefer. What has replaced it are a pair of p365s, a standard, and an XL with a Holosun.

The XL is actually smaller in certain dimensions (mainly grip size), and carries 5 more rounds of an arguably more effective caliber, all while being significantly more comfortable to shoot. Though I will say that the p230's trigger was far superior.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." Martin Luther

I owned both of them. Decent enough guns. For me, with a high grip, I would get chewed up by the slide bite. They both shot the same as I recall (its been some years now). Better DA trigger than the Walther PPK/s that I had.
    Tomorrow'sbattle is won during today's practice.

There is a vast difference between a holster carried pistol and a non-holster carried pistol. And advantages to each. The deeper the concealment and the less desire for a holster to carry the pistol, the more important it is to NOT use a striker fired pistol, but rather a DA/SA pistol. A Sig p230 is a far better weapon than a Glock 42 or 43. Why? Because it can be carried fully loaded and ready to go in a pocket or a holsterless waistband. A Glock 43 or 42, or 365 or whatever similar, cannot be.
    Gabriel Suarez

I had a 232 that ran flawless. Main issue is it is a holster weapon for me with no pants pocket option for business casual. Great trigger, accurate, never jammed. Only sold it to fund a G42 as a true pocket option, albeit in a pocket holster

A DA/SA weapon can be carried in the belt with no holster. That is how I often carry my DA/SA Sig pistols.
    Gabriel Suarez

I've owned both and didn't find the trigger any better on the P232...later-near the end of the P230s will have the hammer reset spring of the P232...I believe all P230s are German manufacture and some P232s are German made if that's important to you...later P232s may have some MiM'd parts if that bothers you...the P230 will have the front sight as part of the slide while the P232 should have removable front and rear sights...mags when you can find them should be interchangeable (that's been my experience) between the two

Gabe of course brings up a great reason for the P230/P232 over some other choices...

The MSM gun media and lazy instructors have convinced the world that the DA/SA system is flawed, and that the striker system is the only way to go. That is not true..but truth has never been a driver of the US Gun Community.
    Gabriel Suarez