Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P230 vs. P232

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    The MSM gun media and lazy instructors have convinced the world that the DA/SA system is flawed, and that the striker system is the only way to go. That is not true..but truth has never been a driver of the US Gun Community.
    I would love to buy something DA/SA from a reputable company with a polymer frame and size/capacity of the P365.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD
    DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

SIG had the P-290 RS in 9mm. I would carry that over a 365 any day of the year (pun intended specifically). Look guys...if you need deepest concealment, you do not want a holster...you want pocket carry or jock strap carry. Think how a criminal would carry a weapon into a police station and you will get the idea. Concealmemt and Combat-effectiveness is ALWAYS a compromise and at odds. If I need to carry in that manner, do you know what I use? A J-frame airweight with a speed strip.

OMG Gabe...a J-Frame?

Yes...because if I will be patted down or given a scan by the opposition...or potential opposition, short of a direct "Junk Check" I want my weapons to go unnoticed. And yes...I still frequent places like that now and again. Don't ask because it is NOYFB. If I have a five shot J-Frame I can kill five guys in my arm's reach.

Next step up...social concealment where your butt cannot give you away. You know what I mean...the butt of your pistol you dim wit! In those cases I will carry with decreasing need for deeper concealment the following -

SIG P239 without a holster and a spare mag tucked into the belt

SIG P229 without a holster and a spare 20 round mag tucked into the belt

Suarez Glock 19 Street Comp in a Gunfighter Holster* with a 21 round mag

As things get sportier in the War Against The Communist Domination of America, I simply add two additional magazines at the belt, and the J-Frame on the left butt pocket.
    Then the 8" 300 BO and three magazines on the passenger seat.

Rule One as you will recall...established by the long forgotten gun writer (as we all will be one day) Barret Tillman...the first rule is to Have A Gun...any fucking gun.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Hell the only thing needed to carry IWB is a few rubber bands and they tend to stay where you put them
    All animals except man know that the ultimate of life is to enjoy it.

Samuel Butler

FACIEM TUAM, DOMINC, REQUIRAM

What I meant by a holster gun regarding the 232 is that I found it too large to carry any other way but holstered

Quote Originally Posted by twinboysdad View Post
    What I meant by a holster gun regarding the 232 is that I found it too large to carry any other way but holstered

If you mean in a pocket, then yes...it is. But so is anything else currently on the market other than a Seecamp or an Airweight J Frame. It is my opinion that carrying ANY STRIKER FIRED PISTOL in a pocket...with pocket holster or not, is not a wise thing to do.

But holsterless carry is easy. Last night with Shield Maiden I was carrying a SIG P229 under a tight "the dude clearly lifts" sweater appendix and no holster.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    I would love to buy something DA/SA from a reputable company with a polymer frame and size/capacity of the P365.
    The IDEA behind the XDE was great...sadly the design and execution was poor. It's a shitty gun.

People mocked the XDE, but most of them for the wrong reasons. A small, thin DA/SA with a better trigger, that can outshoot the G48 and Sig 365 class of guns would be phenomenal. The XDE is...not it.

A good idea means nothing if not supported by great design and excellent quality.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas