Default Any thoughts on NovX ammo?

Had a few people asking about and discussing NovX ammo, some new copper/polymer bullet that makes some impressive claims. My question is, are those claims backed up by real world proof? I haven't come across much about it. I normally fire Federal HST or Speer God Dot hollow points for my self defense ammo, but I am open to new things is they can prove better. Here's a video about them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ebH3Wh0NJo
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

Ah yes the “magic TORX “ bullet. They get the velocities up by using a light bullet and running pressures as high as they can.

I’ll pass on their “Magic Beans”.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

i looked at a review that simply shot and chornographed two of their offerings. Two malfunctions. The velocities were a little bit higher then high end loadings of 7.62x25 tok pistol ammo, but the tok x25 uses an 85 grain bullet.

I have an open minded, but until people like the nobodies or others of the same statue on this forum recommended I will simply stay open minded and also stay from it including the two piece metallic case.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...vx-ammunition/
    Screenshot_2020-10-21 Review NOVX Ammunition.jpg
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Frangible handgun ammo like this, the cheapest round nose they make, is good for shooting steel targets. It is relatively safe with little potential for back splash, even at fairly close distances. The recoil impulse is not the same as training with full weight loads. The +P blast is not friendly.

Adequate penetration of 12-18” in gel is a self defense standard for a reason. The fluted SD fragmenting rounds usually only show 6-8” in gel—which may be why their test was in clay.

Unless you require shallow penetration with no exit (think Air Marshall), or are afraid of ricochets in your environment, these bullets are not a good choice for self defense. They may fragment on a hand or arm before reaching vitals in a self defense situation. While they dump all their energy quickly and may make a nasty wound, they are not reliable stoppers generally. No LEO or military use for a reason. Very little real world tales of effectiveness.

In rifle calibers, this fragmenting composition is used in varmint hunting because the target is so small immediate, complete fragmentation is desirable.

Niche ammo for niche markets.
    Lord of harvest, grant that we wholesome grain and pure may be. Hymn, Come Ye Thankful People Come

It would be better to use this than have an empty gun... but only just.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

I didn’t know they were still making that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hey.. Why not join the Army? It's free!!

Looks like it's just the Polycase/Inceptor bullet - they are nice for gun games on steel (they are a frangible bullet) but pretty useless for meat IMO.

The Lehigh Defender bullet is a whole different story though. I've posted about that here before and my testing results.