Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Glock 19 and small hands

My wife struggles to reach her trigger and has to grip where the pistol is not inline with her wrist. Does the suarez trigger really make it shorter to help with this?

Corey

Both of my daughters have small hands, and each found the SI trigger to make the most significant difference for their grip. In fact, one of them actually preferred a stock G19 Gen 3 grip frame (with SI trigger installed) as opposed to the frame I had “reduced” for her.
    Give it a try, the performance enhancement alone is worth it!

Be humble of character, warm of heart and kind. You will know when it's time to flip the switch and unleash the beast.

CAUTION: You can't fix stupid.....

Quote Originally Posted by Smith057 View Post
    My wife struggles to reach her trigger and has to grip where the pistol is not inline with her wrist. Does the suarez trigger really make it shorter to help with this?

Corey
    Is your wife's G19 a Gen4/5 w/ the small backstrap?
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

A few things about being in line with her wrist.
    I carry and shoot gen 3 19 pistols exclusively. They do not center on my wrist and I can shoot sub 3 second bill drills from concealment. Not sure who's evaluated her grip, it may or may not be an issue. Granted the 19 is a little fat so it's certianly possible it's to big for her hand.
    However my 90lbs 14 year old daughter can run a 19 fairly well and I do run SI triggers in all my pistols.
    Screenshot_20201020-141142.jpg
    Last edited by psalms23dad; 10-20-2020 at 12:32 PM.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

You might consider a G48 or 43X.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    You might consider a G48 or 43X.
    And with the 15 round Shield magazine, you’ve given up nothing in capacity.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

As alluded to above, the Gen 4 and Gen 5 G19 WITHOUT ANY BACKSTRAP has a shorter distance than a Gen 3 G 19.
    Sounds like a Gen 4/5 (no backstrap) with SI Trigger may work.

Yeah, love my G43X as well......

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    And with the 15 round Shield magazine, you’ve given up nothing in capacity.
    IME with those, you HAVE TO use a metal mag release. After a little while, the metal mag chews up the plastic button and it gets all fubar'd.

Of the two mags of thiers that I bought, only one works 100 percent. The other works perfect if you download to 12 rounds.

I can commiserate with the OP’s wife- I’m a large guy with small hands, took me a long time to warm to the glock platform. SI triggers are state of the art and will help, but in my humble opinion a grip reduction will make the most difference, now the owner/operator of several glocks and all but one have been slimmed and given aggressive stippling. Putting the whole hand just that much closer to the bang switch and giving better purchase over the glock slip-n -stipple . If they’d get serious on sights and some texture on the grip it really would be the out of the box perfect for about everything/everyone fighting pistol.

At a match I saw an under 5' female shooting a G19 with her thumb wrapped around the back strap. She was shooting fast and accurate. Sometimes we make too much of a big deal about the perfect grip. Sometimes you have to adapt.
    God, Guns and Guts made America free. Lets keep all three.
    Proud GeorgiaCarry.org Member