Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ber950 View Post
    At a match I saw an under 5' female shooting a G19 with her thumb wrapped around the back strap. She was shooting fast and accurate. Sometimes we make too much of a big deal about the perfect grip. Sometimes you have to adapt.
    There is a lot of truth there! One should be able to pick up *any* pistol and ventilate the bad guy...regardless of size and caliber. I get the "women" factor, but I have my wife shoot every pistol I own and be able to hit kill shots with them. Basics versus hand size for life or death....
    I control everything that happens in my battlespace. Nothing happens that I don't see or hear and react to accordingly. I am the Barbarian in control of it all and will handle it all -- like a Barbarian. If you can't handle that, don't enter my world to mess with me or mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ber950 View Post
    At a match I saw an under 5' female shooting a G19 with her thumb wrapped around the back strap. She was shooting fast and accurate. Sometimes we make too much of a big deal about the perfect grip. Sometimes you have to adapt.
    Yup and if i told my daughter my pistol was "too big" for her it would be in her mind. But since she doesn't know better she just shoots it. Feel vs fit is something that needs to but understood. Also a petite female is just going to have to do the best she can. She will not be able to run/control a pistol the same as a 200+ lbs dude.
    All things are not equal, going to a smaller gun while it may offer a better grip, could be less controllable due to the added recoil.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”