Default THE SUBTLE ART OF TRAPPING

“Make it appear that you are a long way off, then cover the distance rapidly and arrive on the scene before your opponent.”

In this context "distance" also means time. For most people, they enter an event with no predisposition, or decision. They in essence may have the capability to "cover the distance", but have no idea which way to go, and are not starting out on horseback, they are still mentally in bed waking up.
    The purpose of this is as an addendum discussion to the ANTIFA thread and their tactic of baiting. Not only should you be good at the setting of traps, but also recognizing one so as to maneuver around it.

A fictitious example. Gang officers want to arrest a bad guy gang member but he hasn't done anything to be arrested for. Yes...I know all about his rights and such. Its a flipping story so just read it and remember that the world is grey and not black and white. Moving on.

Gang officers approach bad guy. One of them takes a very disrespectful attitude toward him. Not outwardly visible, but a roll of the eye, a shake of the head, a cant of the head, an inappropriate smile. Allowing the bad guy to get closer in ways that a typical police officer conducting a field interview would never do. Except that the offensive officer has one mission while his, now ignored by the gang member, partner conducts the verbal interview, appearing to be distracted by writing things down. That mission is to surreptitiously cause the bad guy to attempt an assault and to crush it, and subsequently arrest the bad guy for assault of a police officer.

At a given point, when the gang member knows he is being disrespected, and the officer has nothing but contempt for him, he crosses the gap, chin up in defiance..., profanity dribbling from the mouth... hands up as if to grab or push the officer.

As the bad guy's hand reaches for the officer's badge, the officer's sap comes out from his pocket (his hand has been casually resting on it the whole time), and almost as if planned, the strike lands on target, dropping the thug to the sidewalk, where upon he is hand cuffed and arrested for assault on a police officer. Done and done.

So what does it take to set the trap. Think like a hunter for those who have done this with animals. What does your target want? Men want respect. Bad men are willing to do violence if that is denied them. Want to take out somebody in an apparently justified manner, deny them what they want. When they come looking for it, show subtle, but to them clear, disrespect and contempt. They may ignore that and not engage, but most likely if they are men of action, will create a physical confrontation to take what they have been so rudely denied. That is only one example.

What do YOU need to be able to pull this off? The capacity for violence. Everyone thinks they can be violent - until it is time to smash a bottle across somebody's face. If you are the peaceful, no-violent type of good grey guy, trust me that this is not for you. The ability to conduct rapid escalation of violence is paramount and not possible if you are constantly second guessing your own actions.

Your arrival at "I am going to crack his head open on that railing, and this is how I am going to do it" must already be in place, like an arrow nocked onto the bow string and pulled back. Everything else now is crafted to force the adversary to commit to a course of action of your choosing so that you can loose that arrow into his face. The adversary might not take the bait...that is fine, sometimes that is how it goes.

This is the basis for the dark art of baiting and trapping. Clearly well understood by the opposition.
    Last edited by Gabriel Suarez; 10-16-2020 at 09:15 AM.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Oh....remember where I once said that it was not about speed, but about timing? This is part of it.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Pure gold! a great articulation of street pschology. This also works in reverse once an aggressor sudenly realises by your demanour he has totally msicalculated the situation.
    ...If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"...
    If - Rudyard Kipling

ECRG, June 2006
    Warrior Skills Camp, July 2009

Yes indeed. I may or may not have been a party to such shenanigans back in the day.
    **Mike Ronin on FaceBook**

**Spero optimus instruo pro pessimus**

**Out of destruction rises opportunity. We are only defeated when we give up. Never, ever give up. (Phil 4:13)**

Excellent write up. Reminds me of my younger days working in a max security prison farm in E. TX.

Got a lot of payback by applying the principles of trapping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hey.. Why not join the Army? It's free!!

Yup, Ive heard stepping on someones foot where the chance of being photographed is minimal, and the following of subduing the subject when his hands come up to push you away is a remarkably effective way to turn a talk into an arrest. Ive heard, because Im a nice guy
    Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez

War is not moral...fighting of any sort, is not moral. It is about killing the adversary. So here is the rule. Do what you need to do to win...have a ready explanation to justify it according to whatever rules you are supposed to be playing with...work only with people you can trust or work alone...then stick to your story and keep your mouth shut.

" Merely affording the opportunity to commit a crime does not constitute entrapment" When you walk the short-eyes to interview unsecured with your gun side to them, everyone in the know.....knows, problem is short-eyes are pussies at the core.

We covered the body cam issues as well when they say "cams are the answer to everything". The cam only hears my words but sees and hears what you are doing. If I am licking my lips and thrusting my hips at your wife on the traffic stop while being verbally professional, it only catches your inappropriate response, any situation can be gamed to facilitate an outcome.

Whats your goal? Gotta keep the guy in jail on minor stuff while you get the last pieces of a major case? Dudes a aryan nation dude? Guess who feeds and checks him, yup the blackest or brownest CO you can find, BG will screw up.

On the other side, you gotta keep him wound down for trial/transport? Yep the whitest CO I can find. There is nothing wrong with using someones world view to facilitate YOUR goal.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

There are a few lessons we can extract from this post. What stands out right now is:
    1)Know yourself: Do you have "The Right Stuff"?
    2)Hava a goal in mind, but be flexible
    3)Control your and your opponent's emotions: No one pushes YOUR buttons

"Never make the move your opponent wants you to make".

Pure gold right here.