Thread: SHOTGUN WORK

Default SHOTGUN WORK

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I like it....the transfer using the fore-end (pump) as the focal point is absolutely golden for the stated reason; but also if using full length guns that tend to be very front heavy when fully loaded provides more control at the center of gravity.

As a side note a few nights ago I was browsing the home library looking for some light reading and cracked open a copy of "The Tactical Shotgun" circa 1996. It was a fine nostalgic look at tactics, techniques, and procedures from days passed. Besides an epic Cuban mustache there were a couple of bits that I had never noticed when I read it the first time many years ago. For example on a traditional stocked shotgun having the sling stud at the bottom of the grip vs the toe of the stock. I made the modification to one of my 870's yesterday and transitions are far easier as well as the gun hangs across the back higher and more securely.

Needless to say this prompted me to ordered the rest of the "Legacy" titles that I didn't have.
    Cheers
    T.

"VICTORIOUS WARRIORS WIN FIRST...
    AND THEN GO TO WAR,
    WHILE DEFEATED WARRIORS GO TO WAR FIRST...
    AND THEN SEEK TO WIN." Sun tzu

Agreed. This is almost “too simple to be tactical.” Very nice economy of motion. I’d like to see a live fire demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Agreed. This is almost “too simple to be tactical.” Very nice economy of motion. I’d like to see a live fire demo.

Maybe we will film the shotgun class in a few weeks and make a downloadable video
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Maybe we will film the shotgun class in a few weeks and make a downloadable video
    That would be an excellent idea, Brother....

I just finished working these drills with my full sized Raider and my handy Stakeout. This is a solid technique.
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9

Quote Originally Posted by Popshot View Post
    I just finished working these drills with my full sized Raider and my handy Stakeout. This is a solid technique.
    Agreed, although my sling and side saddle muddle things up sometimes.

With the braces SG, has anyone noticed a difference between the old AR grip and the newer, more vertical pistol grips? Mine is a finger grooved Hogue and has to go...
    God may look out for children and fools, but He favors the prepared.

If the side saddle is causing hang up then get rid of it. Anything that makes the shotgun bulkier and less nimble needs to go.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Aye Cap'n, all videos from the SG class would be very valuable!!
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy's Laws of Combat: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)