Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    The magazines are Beretta M9 mags with a slightly different latch cut out. Mr. Dremel can convert the M9s in a few minutes.
    Interesting. Mec-Gar makes mags for them, too, including 17-rounders. Although my issue is one of incompatibility w/ P226 or P229 mags, more so than lack of availability.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Quote Originally Posted by 45Smashemflat View Post
    Wish I had never traded my West German 220...
    Me either or 2 the West German 226's I had.

Quote Originally Posted by IANative View Post
    At the risk of derailing my own thread, why do you think that is? It seems to be a quality DA/SA pistol for the price. I know there's not a lot of parts/accessory support. It's biggest shortcomings to me is that it can't be SRT'd and uses proprietary mags (maybe I just answered my own question), but I still find it to be a better DA/SA trigger than HK's.
    DUNNO, GOTTA SAY I LOVE MY HK. IS THE TRIGGER BETTER THAN MY 229? NO, BUT IT BEATS THE HELL OUT OF A 2022, WHICH FROM THE GET GO HAS FELT LIKE A CHEAP ATTEMPT AT AN HK TRIGGER

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    DUNNO, GOTTA SAY I LOVE MY HK. IS THE TRIGGER BETTER THAN MY 229? NO, BUT IT BEATS THE HELL OUT OF A 2022, WHICH FROM THE GET GO HAS FELT LIKE A CHEAP ATTEMPT AT AN HK TRIGGER
    Josh, which HK do you have? I've had DA/SA versions of the P30, P30sk, and USPc 45. The P30's weren't very good- certainly not better than the one SP2022 I've shot- and the USPc 45 was downright terrible. I've heard that some of the "tactical" and/or competition models had better-than-OEM triggers in them.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Is the 2022 a polymer frame P226? That seems like it should be a winning combo.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD
    DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Contrasting color parts can produce a very pleasing affect. The nickel plated components looks like a mistake. This is the "classic" series, not the "classless".
    Last edited by Popshot; 10-16-2020 at 04:40 PM.
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    No. Similar but not identical parts. Not even the magazines interchange. Pity.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post

Conceptually, yes. In execution, no. As Papa said, if there had been any commonality w/ P226 parts or mags, it would be much more popular, I think. As it is, I believe it's biggest following and use is among European LE agencies.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife