Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am roughly 20 miles out of the big city. Ie from the furthest edge of town. My little town is roughly 3000 people and I live 4 mikes outside of that. Am I safer here? Arguably yes. Is the area predominantly like minded folks? Again yes. I haven’t seen a Biden sign yet.

what I really have here is Distance From Disorder. It would take a lot for disorder to spill out my way and that gives me early warning.

Do I have more freedom than the city folks hell yes.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasher View Post
    I am roughly 20 miles out of the big city. Ie from the furthest edge of town. My little town is roughly 3000 people and I live 4 mikes outside of that. Am I safer here? Arguably yes. Is the area predominantly like minded folks? Again yes. I haven’t seen a Biden sign yet.

what I really have here is Distance From Disorder. It would take a lot for disorder to spill out my way and that gives me early warning.

Do I have more freedom than the city folks hell yes.
    Same here....my little town is about 1500 I'd estimate, 20 miles from the bigger city and everything north of me is farmland and plenty of Amish

Gabe wrote:

And being the greyman Boy Sc out minding his own business at home is NOT going to make them change their minds. There is only one thing they, like the gangs of my youth, understand...the capacity for violence and cruelty. They won't see that from Kens and Karens, or the Grey family...but they will see that from those armed and present whose faces say they would love the police to pull back so the carnage can begin.

What message are you and your town sending?
    I used to like being the Grey Man, being unseen until I wanted to be seen. Nowadays, I give off the look and vibe of "Fuck with me and die". I see potential trouble makers, they see the look in my eye that says "Just give me a reason, asshole.". Funny how people conveniently find ways to avoid even being on the same side of the street with me!
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

I'm well off the beaten path, living in one of the least populated counties in one of the least populated states. I have 60 acres w/ the nearest neighbors roughly a 1/4 mile from my driveway. Most of my neighbors are Amish. The nearest town is ~200 people; the county seat population is less than 1000. The demographics are 99% white. Outsiders/non-locals tend to stand out. Other than delayed response time by the county sheriff's dept, I'm about as safe as can be in rural America.

However, I have a monitored alarm system w/ video surveillance. I follow Gabe's advice of having either a rifle or shotgun staged in strategic locations among the buildings. And I don't even step out the back door to take a piss without a pistol. I evaluate nearly everyone I see for "threat con," even the Amish, lol. It's a mind set and world view that has become second nature since my time here.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Safety is a mindset. Everywhere I go, I am "safe." Everywhere I go is a little bit "safer" for everyone else because I am there. I don't intentionally put myself in areas that are "unsafe" - at least since I retired... - but, should I end up in one, I am still safe...just a little more dangerous.