Default First Glock Build - Advice?

Looking to order a complete slide kit and barrel in NP3. Is there a reason to order melonite over NP3?

complete trigger kit (NP3) with 5lb disconnector. Is this the right weight.

This will be my first Glock and any advice would be helpful. I am starting from a stripped (3rd party) frame. Anything I am missing?

A LOT DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU ARE LOCATED. NP3 OFFERS MUCH MORE TO THOSE WHO LIVE IN AN 60%+ HUMIDITY ENVIRONMENT AS IT OFFERS MUCH MORE IN SALT CORROSION RESISTANCE. THE NICKEL TEFLON ALSO OFFERS REDUCED NEED FOR LUBRICATION.

IN REGARDS TO THE 3RD PARTY FRAME, I PERSONALLY DONT TOUCH THEM. IF ITS AN 80%, IT RELIES ON YOU TO COMPLETE IT CORRECTLY, AT WHICH POINT I CAN'T ANSWER WHY SOMEONES P80 BUILD WONT WORK WITH OUR COMPONENTS IF THEY SCREW SOMETHING UP, WHICH APPARENTLY NO ONE THAT BUILDS A P80 GLOCK MAKES ANY MISTAKES, AND ITS ALWAYS OUR PROBLEM. COMPLETED/SERIALIZED P80 FRAMES LIKE GREY GHOST, I SIMPLY DONT LIKE THEM FROM A GRIP STANDPOINT. IF YOU WENT AND DID A PRE-ORDER FOR 80% ARMS, WHILE IT LOOKS GREAT AND ACTUALLY HAS ME INTERESTED, THEY ARE STILL FILLING PRE-ORDERS FROM SUMMER 2019, SO GOOD LUCK.

AS FOR THE TRIGGER, THIS IS BASICALLY THE BREAKDOWN OF WHAT TO EXPECT IN REGARDS TO TRIGGER PULL WEIGHT WITH THE CONNECTORS, AS THE BREAK WEIGHT OF THE CONNECTOR IS ONLY ONE PART OF A LARGER PUZZLE THAT EQUALS THE TOTAL PULL WEIGHT.

3.5# "MINUS"CONNECTOR - EXPECT 5-5.25# OVERALL PULL WEIGHT
    4.0# "DOT" CONNECTOR - EXPECT 5.25-5.75# OVERALL PULL WEIGHT
    5.0# CONNECTOR - EXPECT 5.75-6.25# OVERALL PULL WEIGHT

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Default First Glock Build - Advice?

Thank you for the info

Decide also on what size of frame you want. I see some at SI like the G17 based on what I read on this forum. I like the G19 myself.

Shop Monkey
    I SIMPLY DONT LIKE THEM FROM A GRIP STANDPOINT.
    I am not an expert on the 80% frames, but I see shop Monkey was discussing the grip on them. Some reading for 80% frame says that the angle is generally different meaning it is the same as the 1911 versus what the stock glock uses.
    The polymer 80 frame uses an 18-degree grip angle which is identical to a 1911’s grip angle. Glock’s standard angle is 22 degrees. https://gunnersden.com/polymer-80-glock-review/
    I prefer the angle of a gaston glock grip. The 1911 when I was younger was always faulted for pointing low and in fact in the 1920's IIRC the military added an arch mainspring housing to help out with that. In recent years everyone wants the flat mainspring housing.

People with small hands can likely handle the flat mainspring housing better than the arched.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Decide also on what size of frame you want. I see some at SI like the G17 based on what I read on this forum. I like the G19 myself.

Shop Monkey
    I am not an expert on the 80% frames, but I see shop Monkey was discussing the grip on them. Some reading for 80% frame says that the angle is generally different meaning it is the same as the 1911 versus what the stock glock uses.

I prefer the angle of a gaston glock grip. The 1911 when I was younger was always faulted for pointing low and in fact in the 1920's IIRC the military added an arch mainspring housing to help out with that. In recent years everyone wants the flat mainspring housing.

People with small hands can likely handle the flat mainspring housing better than the arched.
    I WAS NOT REFERRING TO THE GRIP ANGLE AT ALL. I WAS REFERRING TO THE OVER ALL FEEL OF THE GRIP, IT SIMPLY DOESNT DO IT FOR ME. I SHOOT EVERYTHING FROM GLOCK TO HKS, CZ, SIGS 1911S AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN WITHOUT ISSUE.

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI