Default Consistency of 7.62x39 ammo

Consistency of 7.62x39 ammo
    I was watching some older Robski videos on ammo testing , velocity, extreme spread, and standard deviation. Of course the Finnish Lapua did very well, but what was most surprising was the statistics of the Federal American eagle. A standard deviation of 9 for military ball ammo is very good. Optimistically, when this current ammo crisis I will look into trying out some american eagle and if it is any good I will buy some. While the AK is not a tack driver, The AR in 7.62x39 can shoot into an MOA people tell me. I expect that any AK with decent ammo should be as accurate as the expected rack grade accuracy of a Garand rifle of 3 MOA or better.

I got plenty of the exCombloc ammo on hand. It is about time that I acquire some superior ammo. I will soon be reloading boxer primed brass with decent bullets first since I have that on hand. Gun can not preform better than the quality of its ammo. SD is not the whole story for accuracy of course, bullet consistency and that of the loaded round are a big part of the story also.

fed 7.62x39.jpg
    Last edited by barnetmill; 10-10-2020 at 10:35 PM. Reason: typo
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Where are you finding AE 7.62x39? I wouldn't mind buying a case.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." Martin Luther

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Where are you finding AE 7.62x39? I wouldn't mind buying a case.
    From above
    when this current ammo crisis I will look into trying out some american eagle
    So I do not know where there is any for sale at the moment.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez