Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gabes right about ars, you are money ahead just doing it. There is endless options on quality ammo and the options are endless with an ar. That being said I like aks, I like 7.62x39 and regardless of what ammo you shoot a hit is a hit. I look at not consistency but reliability. To me the ak is intermediate at best and that has always been its intent and purpose. You will never see me try and accurize any intermediate carbine, to me it dosnt make any sense and other rifles would be better served for that role...
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

300 black out comes to mind???! How long have guys been trying to get everyone to see the advantages????

And in old dusty slightly molded news Russian ammo isn't as good as American ammo and American ammo makers don't really bother with 7.62x39 because too many people shoot it in crap guns anyway.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    And in old dusty slightly molded news Russian ammo isn't as good as American ammo and American ammo makers don't really bother with 7.62x39 because too many people shoot it in crap guns anyway.
    They can’t compete with the price of cheap usable Russian ammo..... I wouldn’t invest any money in it either, bargain basement stuff trying to price yourself out of business....

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    They can’t compete with the price of cheap usable Russian ammo..... I wouldn’t invest any money in it either, bargain basement stuff trying to price yourself out of business....
    Slightly unrelated I saw 20 rd boxes Wolf Military classic for $22.99 today at a store.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Slightly unrelated I saw 20 rd boxes Wolf Military classic for $22.99 today at a store.
    Yeah dude add freight to that for shipping the shit here. They are giving it away.....

I stopped reloading about 10 years ago when others at work (Barnes Bullets) would do it for me. I bought some 7.62x39 bullets that I never had them load, some 123 grn TSX solid copper hollow points, and some 108 grn frangible Reduced Ricochet Limited Penetration (RRLP) bullets.
    But what are good bullets without good cases?

Unfortunately, I don’t have just the brass. I have loaded brass cartridges of very good quality.
    I have 2 cases of 400 rnds ea. 122 grn fmj, brass cased, beautiful ammo. This was made by Arsenal in Bulgaria (Circle 10). Enjoy shooting top quality AK ammo, then reload great quality brass.

Also some boxes of different brass cased ammo as pictured.

I cannot claim to know exactly recent experiments showing accuracy, standard deviation, velocities, etc., as this thread is exploring. I will say that I have shot some of all of these rounds from a Sig 556r at 100 yards with a 4x scope. The worst was about 2.5 MoA, and the best was the Double Tap at less than an inch for five rounds. The Arsenal was also impressive, if I recall correctly at about 1.5 MoA. The TSX and RRLP rounds were also around an inch MoA. If anyone is interested in this ammo or bullets, PM me.

739E3CAD-13CC-482A-A8AC-91768E15C580.jpg02C4D575-C257-4C34-9DAA-303A227AAEE5.jpgA809538E-4673-4A72-9263-BF6AE2F868A9.jpg
    Lord of harvest, grant that we wholesome grain and pure may be. Hymn, Come Ye Thankful People Come

unlike 5.56 you can actually get as much 5.45x39 and 7.62x39 as you want for far less markup than on the 5.56 you probably cannot get at all. It won't be the best ammo but it is available and will work within the capabilities of the average AK, much less within the capabilities of the average AK owner.

Run it through a Galil Ace and you will see the ammo limitations much more easily.
    Repetition is not truth.

"Hope is not a method and wishes are not plans."
    Gen. Carl Vuono, USA

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist."
    Charles Baudelaire

KRG, SUT, PSP, RG

Where?

Originally Posted by Dorkface

Quote Originally Posted by BillyOblivion View Post
    Where?
    The whole advantage to an AK is when the ammo is cheap you stack it deep. A loaded AK with beaucoup magazines some cases of ammo for a crisis like the one looming over us vs a more accurate AR with very little ammo.
    At the moment you still can buy AK ammo a little easier last I checked than just about anything else, but if Biden gets elected that could change.

The internet price has only gone up about 15 cents since a year ago. Below SGA ammo website just a minute ago.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez