Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not sure if its ever been mentioned; Another benifit of a red dot on a shotgun is it tends to get your face up off the stock a little and gives you better visibility of things around you. Could prove handy depending on the situation.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    Not sure if its ever been mentioned; Another benifit of a red dot on a shotgun is it tends to get your face up off the stock a little and gives you better visibility of things around you. Could prove handy depending on the situation.
    Seems like one of the benefits of a shotty, in the contexts where it is most potent, is that it doesn't require quite the same cheekweld. Don't want a chin-weld, of course, but a full cheekweld isn't quite as important. I've noticed, in doing dry work around my apartment, that for the extremely close ranges I'm dealing with, I want to use the bead more as a visual index point, rather than my extreme focus, in order to keep the picture clear. That and if I get a full rifle-like cheekweld with my high, narrow cheekbones, I can't see the bead anymore, lol.

Anyway, good point about having that "heads-up" view of things being helpful at times.

It is tough to find a skeet field that will allow this, but shooting at randomly released birds from both towers while moving towards station 8 or parallel to the track of the birds at a brisk walk is excellent practice for hitting a moving target, whether it is a person running or a vehicle - I found a red dot to be better for me than trying to judge the lead.

It is also a good exercise for ambidextrous shooting and shifting the gun to the opposite side.

Good exercise too, I was shooting about 180 rounds an hour while working with an instructor.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...R-ATTACK/page4