Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    In a survival situation...if things did go to hell...squirrels are number one for meat. They can be found just about everywhere...in parks, back yards and deep woods. They only require a 22, and not everyone knows how to hunt them. 22 rounds are cheap and best for small game. I have a mound of 22 ammo stored away. Most of us do or should. Squirrels come in small packages. Who needs something large like a deer, (which is harder to hunt), and the meat will go bad before you can eat all of it.

Here's a few fancy squirrel recipes: https://www.survivalsullivan.com/squirrel-recipes/
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

Timely thread. Iím in a camping trip now and plan on slipping out with a suppressed 22 pistol to try to get a couple squirrels myself.

I wear whatever when hunting, especially squirrel. I have been using a Cricket single shot with peep sights and go for head shots. When the rat is on the far side of the tree, I make a loud kissing sound on the back of my off hand then take the inevitable head shot as soon as the rat looks around the side of the trunk to see what is making the noise. Works with a pellet gun too.

Fry until brown and sticky, add one half cup of whiskey add lid to pan and cook for another 10 mins. Remove lid and finish off to crisp exterior. Fried taters, brown gravy, biscuits, and whatever greens you want with adult beverage. My favorite meal.

Back in the day, we were paid .25 cents bounty per tree rat by pecan orchard owner. Now, with all the newcomers, they want to charge me to hunt. I tell them the same thing I told a rancher who wanted to charge me for hunting yotes and feral hogs.�� I figured a drug test was in order as I figure I am doing them a favor.

jim
    2 Samuel 22; Psalm 139:21-22