Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OK...a 4 day comprehensive on cool stuff not done elsewhere. Now to build the list. One of those would be resisting interrogation...maybe not torture, but you know the kind...often seen in aggressive police interviews and internal affairs events.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Fighting in and around vehicles- FOF for counter-carjack. Deploying long guns from vehicles and engaging at various ranges.

1. A Field-Medicine/Gunshot trauma section. (As Papa started.)
    2. Vehicle counter-ambush.
    3. FoF Scenarios.
    4. Interrogation management based on the scenarios in #3.

When and where? (Don’t care about the cost!)
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

Complete Pistol Gunfighter
    Force on Force
    Killing within the Law
    Pistol Groundfighting

Alumni like me or someone that has only taken like CRG?

Greg's idea has me interested; Like really really interested.

If I were designing a class for people that have an assumed base skill level it would include intermediate to advanced level stuff and not really have much to do with shooting. Shooting is the easy part. Alumni should already be able to do that. I don't think it would have any live fire to be honest. The topics that would interest me would be Escape and Evasion with consideration to both rural as well as in town, surveillance and counter surveillance, as Gabe has mentioned interrogation techniques and how to resist them and another would be an expansion on something we touched on with Greg in his 3 day TASI class which was how the alphabet people snatch people off the street with mini vans... I just blanked on what its called. lol. The reason being that if you know how it works you know how to stop it from happening. I am also pretty sure this could be things that were teased for the Dark Arts classes a few years ago.

With the way things could be going it could be very handy info depending on the timelines for different possible events.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

I am probably thinking way outside the box and missing the entire point of this thread, but maybe some time on "mindset" and what it takes to develop it and keep it. There are a lot of people out there that don't know the difference between a "survivors" mindset and that of a "warrior" mindset...but, maybe that's just me that sees a difference between the two as I can often over-analyze things.

I think -- well I know -- that there are a lot of gun owners out there that might as well have a boat anchor because they don't truly possess the mindset to use them. As Dorkface said, shooting is the easy part, developing the willingness to shoot it at another human being has to be developed. There are those of us that have been in those positions for a long time and developed that ability, but 95% or more of the public hasn't.

I'm just airing out some thoughts. If I completely missed the purpose of this thread, I sincerely apologize....

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    Alumni like me or someone that has only taken like CRG?

Greg's idea has me interested; Like really really interested.

If I were designing a class for people that have an assumed base skill level it would include intermediate to advanced level stuff and not really have much to do with shooting. Shooting is the easy part. Alumni should already be able to do that. I don't think it would have any live fire to be honest. The topics that would interest me would be Escape and Evasion with consideration to both rural as well as in town, surveillance and counter surveillance, as Gabe has mentioned interrogation techniques and how to resist them and another would be an expansion on something we touched on with Greg in his 3 day TASI class which was how the alphabet people snatch people off the street with mini vans... I just blanked on what its called. lol. The reason being that if you know how it works you know how to stop it from happening. I am also pretty sure this could be things that were teased for the Dark Arts classes a few years ago.

With the way things could be going it could be very handy info depending on the timelines for different possible events.
    This
    Because lawlessness is increased, most people's love will grow cold.

I agree with Dorkface, and in the fighter pilot community we say that flying is the easy part, employing the weapon system is the hard part. Shooting should be the easy part, it is the strategy and tactics that come before, during, and after the engagement that is important part, and live fire might even be contradicted to this advanced study. I also like Dorkface's idea of the dark arts being passed on the the Yudansha, the studies that should not be passed over open channels.
    Don Marbach
    Scottsdale, AZ

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge"

Austin 'Dusty' Miller, the quote on the Eagle & Fledgling statue at the U.S. Air Force Academy

Concur with Dorkface & CaptShack and the Dark Arts.
    Check 6,
    Air Pirate out.
    tw/ig: @SoCalAirPirate

"Real freedom lies in wildness, not in civilization."
    -Charles Lindbergh

"The skies are lovely, dark, and deep,
    but I have promises to keep,
    and miles to fly before I sleep..."

I'm thinking along similar lines as dorkface with the mental angle, aligned with what we are almost certain to be facing in our future... both COIN against the revolution the commies are all talking about and insurgency against a communist regime, organizing, leadership, what both situations look like, a day of GS, working in groups/squads, dark communications, disseminating propoganda... the list could go on about what we need to prepare. These kinds of things would be golden to add on to the fighting skills we have already developed through SI training.
    Last edited by valian; 10-04-2020 at 12:42 PM.

Pistol Kata
    Roadblock Response / Immediate Action

I'd like the interrogation management, CQB/room clearing