Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunstore Commando View Post
    Years ago the museum around here had an exhibition of Chinese stuff from the Bronze Age. There was a dagger there that looked almost exactly like a slightly undersized copy of a F-S.

I half suspect that Fairbairn had actually seen a knife like that and ripped off the design.
    You are pretty close to right. Fairbairn spent decades serving in Asia (Korea with the Royal Marines and China with the Shang Hai Police. He studied martial arts and weaponry during his time with the SHP. The FS knife was designed from the same basic features the Chinese gangs' knives possessed.

See the late Peter Rollins book: The Legend of WE Fairbairn; Gentleman and Warrior.

For a shorter dagger, I really like Cold Steel's Counter Point Tac.

I rather like King Tut's dagger, seems like a great tool to wear to BBQ and other events when you want to show fancy and unique Warrior wares. Imagine: a knife made from meteorite iron alloys.... Ain't likely anyone
    else would have such a unique weapon.
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll')
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School

Quote Originally Posted by KarlinPhoenix View Post
    I rather like King Tut's dagger, seems like a great tool to wear to BBQ and other events when you want to show fancy and unique Warrior wares. Imagine: a knife made from meteorite iron alloys.... Ain't likely anyone
    else would have such a unique weapon.
    I would imagine he used that dagger on a lot of people wanting to overthrow the family and kingdom, and to please the gods. Nowdays you can get a knife made of meteorite.
    https://www.mountainhollow.net/knife-meteorite.php
    Last edited by Redbug; 09-30-2020 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Fix spelllling.
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

Quote Originally Posted by Redbug View Post
    I would imagine he used that dagger on a lot of people to overflow the kingdom, too. Nowdays you can get a knife made of meteorite.
    https://www.mountainhollow.net/knife-meteorite.php
    Nice, I would miss the gold....
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll')
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School

You might like the ones offered here: https://agrussell.com/knives/brand/Fox-Knives

Quote Originally Posted by toothie View Post
    You might like the ones offered here: https://agrussell.com/knives/brand/Fox-Knives

The village of Maniago was established in the year of our Lord 981 (according to the carved stone at the entrance to the community) . It has been famous for almost that long for the production of arms and armor. Neat place to visit.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

The Arditi caught my eye, too.

And you never run out of ammo.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    The Arditi caught my eye, too.

And you never run out of ammo.
    Nice looking blade.

I'll have to drop by there and take a look at one of those someday. I drive right by their warehouse and showroom 2-3 times a month at least.