Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SIRT Pistol

SIRT Pistols are good pieces of gear. Purchase and use your ingenuity. They are very useful.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley, in the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I graduated from Suarez International's Ultimate Combat Skills Course.

Best place to find them?

Quote Originally Posted by mrstang01 View Post
    Best place to find them?
    https://suarezinternational.com/sear...ection=product

Might have to call since they show out of stock.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

I have one on my desk for some presentation and trigger pulls between video conference calls.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD
    DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

I had a student working with SIRT the other day. He was there for his CCL class. He had only shot a .22 a couple of times a year or so ago and he said his shot placement sucked. We worked on dry fire and SIRT for about 2 solid hours before going to the range for live fire. B-27 target, nearly every shot he took was in the X and/or 10 ring, with a couple in the 9 ring. Pretty good for an (essentially) first time shooter. HE was both shocked and delighted with his scores.

After his qualification shoot we went over some other stuff he was interested in. We did the Mozambique drill and he was placing the double taps dead center (chest/heart area) and hit every head shot but one. I took him through the Israeli method of stitching up from groin to center of mass to head and he did very well with that too.

I would call a shot, say a dead center head shot, then tell him to hit my shot. And he was hitting within 1/4" to 1/2" of my shots.

So yeah, I love training with SIRT. It allows me to get the students to get their grip, trigger reset, sight alignment and sight picture down and get used to pulling the trigger smoothly all before we get to live fire. Can't argue with results!
    "Let him cut your skin, and you cut his flesh. Let him cut your flesh, and you cut his bones. Let him cut your bones, and you cut off his life."
    - Toshitsugo Takamatsu

The SIRT pistol has been part of my training for years. Recently I picked up their AR bolt. It only works with 5.56/.223, not .300 BLK. Itís an easy installójust swapping out the BCG and dropping in a little doo-dad on top of the trigger. Even when ammo is cheap and plentiful, itís a good tool.

I still use a blue gun for H2H training, and airsoft for FOF (though I havenít done that in several years). Iíve considered UTM, but havenít jumped in yet. If you really pursue training, youíll soon spend more on ďfakeĒ guns than most Fudds spend on ammo over their entire life.

The SIRT is a great return on the investment. If youíre an NRA instructor, they offer a significant discount. And Iíd echo the advice to just get the plastic one.
    Virtute et Armis

My plastic SIRT went through PGF and got used and abused and survived just fine. Blood also wipes off it easily.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Default SIRT Pistol

I make daily use of my SIRT pistolóworth every penny saved for it.

My uses are somewhat unconventional as I got it primarily to train movement and conditioning in public spaces with enough room to maneuver and get my heart rate up, and so my apartment neighbors donít constantly hear the racking of slides...to maintain at least some mystery.

For being in the heart of Seattle and in a *very* public location, Iíve still never been hassled for it because of the inoffensive clickclick of the trigger vs. even the popop of Airsoft, coupled with the obvious laser indicator.

I also want to mention that in my personal experience the company founder is a stand-up man and has my respect.

If itís within means I say 100% go for it.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B_oIp9E...d=g7m22uqmxetp

One quick trick with SIRT or any laser pistol.

Go by your local BBQ shack or food truck and beg/buy some of the smaller styrofoam (4" lid diameter) containers with lids (the opaque plastic ones).

You now have reactive targets. As the laser passes through the lid (thats what youre shooting at so place targets for a lid forward position) it diffuses and reflects back to the lid causing the whole lid to light up in the color of the laser as though the container was battery powered.

It gives you an immediate feedback when going through several targets as light is immediately noticed for a "hit" while a miss will not illuminate the container.

you need the whole container to create the diffusion space, the lid by itself doesnt work.

Take your cardboard target and cut a 3 1/2 in hole in center mass and head, push container into it and set up how/where you want .
    Last edited by coastalcop; 10-01-2020 at 05:03 AM.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    One quick trick with SIRT or any laser pistol.

Go by your local BBQ shack or food truck and beg/buy some of the smaller styrofoam (4" lid diameter) containers with lids (the opaque plastic ones).

You now have reactive targets. As the laser passes through the lid (thats what youre shooting at so place targets for a lid forward position) it diffuses and reflects back to the lid causing the whole lid to light up in the color of the laser as though the container was battery powered.

It gives you an immediate feedback when going through several targets as light is immediately noticed for a "hit" while a miss will not illuminate the container.

you need the whole container to create the diffusion space, the lid by itself doesnt work.

Take your cardboard target and cut a 3 1/2 in hole in center mass and head, push container into it and set up how/where you want .
    That is a damned fine training tip! I just pulled out a SIRT and did as you directed. Sure enough, the laser glows throughout the Styrofoam container. Thank you for the tip!

I'll buy a bulk pack of those containers. An effective training tool that will give the entire environmentalist movement a massive stroke. Win - win!
    Last edited by Popshot; 10-01-2020 at 12:03 PM.
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9